- advertisement -

From whom do I order a new Dexcom transmitter?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cdninct, May 30, 2014.

1. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Quick question that will hopefully save me some phone time tomorrow:

We get our Dexcom supplies through Edgepark. If we need to get a new transmitter (out of warranty, but covered by insurance), do I go through Dexcom or Edgepark? My guess is Edgepark, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to insurance matters!

2. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

You're right - Edgepark

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yes, Edgepark. Be prepared to stay on them. We either get great service from Edgepark, or terrible service. A common occurrence is for me to call and ask what is taking so long, for them to make up some excuse like they're waiting to hear from our endo, and then for me to get notification that it's shipping the next day. It's obvious that someone at Edgepark dropped the ball, but they will never admit that.

4. kt_mom

kt_mom Approved members

That's often my experience as well. We get our dexcom sensors from Foundation Care and she said they could supply the transmitter and/or receiver as a copay as well. I'm going to try through them for a new transmitter this summer. They last about 6 months or so right?

5. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Thanks so much. Of course, it was one of those days, and I didn't get a chance to call anyone. We just had a small issue with them over our last batch of sensors. It was easily resolved (by our insurance company, not us, luckily), but getting unexpected bills for $2500 does get a person's heart racing. Hopefully, this will go more smoothly!

6. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

Our transmitter worked the whole year (and from what I read here, it's typical)

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

If you can get it thru foundation care you actually are using RX/pharmacy coverage and you can fill it every month if you wanted to for the copay, just saying.(same with the receiver)

I did not find this little ditbit of information out until we could no longer use Foundation Care, so sad, having an extra receiver and transmitter and one on the shelf is so nice.

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

It depends on your insurance. Our insurance won't allow us to get pump/CGM supplies through RX/pharmacy. :(

9. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Yes, I know, now.

I was responding to someone that is currently using Foundation Care and wanted to make sure they knew that getting an RX thru Pharmacy has some advantages that DME do not have.

Our current insurance we can not either, and am looking back at those days with Foundation Care and reeling in what I did not know!!!

I could have a Zombie Apocalypse back stock right now, and do not! And frankly that back-stock would just be going to my youngest that is now pumping and Dexcoming.