advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend: Celiac and seizure

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MomofSweetOne, Apr 15, 2012.

1. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

A friend of ours had a seizure two nights ago and is in the hospital having tests. So far nothing has shown up except that her BG was only 61 when the paramedics arrived. To me, that seems really low for a situation that would cause the liver to pump out sugar. Since she has celiac, I suggested to her mom that they request all four antibodies for diabetes be tested since the two do coexist not infrequently. I know my daughter had hypoglycemic symptoms for about 3 years prior to being diagnosed with diabetes. Am I off-track wondering if her body could be showing pancreatic distress?

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Sorry I don't have any light to shed but I hope she is doing better. I am surprised though about hypoglycemia before diagnosis though, I would have thought it would be the opposite. My granddaughter was over 900 at the time of her diagnosis. Good luck to your friend.

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

My daughter was at 250 at diagnosis, but a fasting BG 9 months prior was a 55.