- advertisement -

freestyle promise program

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Gwyn, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Gwyn

Gwyn Approved members

Has anyone heard of this?

An Abbot rep told me today that they might be coming out with a new "Promise Program" in March that will make the Freestyle products available at a preferred price no matter what your insurance says.

Basically, they will subsidize your strips so that you can get them at the lowest co-pay.

I'm hoping it's true!

2. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I have NOT heard this, but I would be VERY interested if it were true.
    We can ONLY use One Touch strips, per our insurance.

3. Mindy

Mindy Approved members

I am already enrolled in a program like that with Abbott. It is a copay program where they pick up the difference up to $30, up to the amount it takes to get your copay down to $20. They sent me a card to use, which is like a secondary insurance. Give them a call and sign up!

4. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

matt prefers the breeze2... we get our scrips for 51.00 per 300 strips. I guess I shouldnt complain

5. KTurner52

KTurner52 Approved members

Wow that would be great since Freestyle strips are non-preferred on our plan which means we have to pay 50% copay. That turns out to be $130 a month for strips. They want me to use a preferred brand--only problem is the Omnipod (which they pay for no problem) can only use Freestyle. They don't get it.

6. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Us too! Only our co-pay isn't quite as high as yours. We get a 3 month supply for testing 15 times a day for $165.00. I didn't want to lose the 15 strips a day so I didn't appeal. I would think if the insurance paid for the OmniPod, they'd have to pay for the correct strips too. But then insurance never was logical....

Gwyn, please let us know when you hear this program is available. Thanks!

7. Mindy

Mindy Approved members

The program is already available to an extent. Our copay per month for 400 strips was $50, and after enrolling with Abbott for the copay program, ours is now $20 per month. It helps a ton.

8. KTurner52

KTurner52 Approved members

I called Abbott this morning and couldn't really get any info about the "Freestyle Promise" program, but they are sending me a card so I can get $30 off my monthly copays. If anyone wants the phone number it is 1-888-522-5226.
    Thanks for the post Mindy and Gwen!

9. Shannon's Mom

Shannon's Mom Approved members

I just called also. I guess it all depends on your insurance and co-pay. They are sending me a card that will take $20 off our $45 copay. Still a great help. Also, they asked about the new meter as we are using a Flash and they are sending that out also.
    The card is good until 12/08. The rep said at that time they will most likely have another program in place, so it will pay to keep checking with them. Thanks for the info!

10. Lisa M

Lisa M Approved members

I just called as well.

Was able to get a card to cut our co-pay in half:eek:.

The call took ten mintues and was as easy as telling the the name of the insurance and how much we pay for the suppies.

EVERYONE should CALL

Thank you soooooooooooo much!:)

11. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

What did you ask for? Info on the Freestyle Promise program? Is there a certain person to speak with?

12. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

In order for us to get this I have to do a conference call with our insruance company to verify insurance.
    Did everyone else have to do this?:confused:
    I did not even need the card, I wa sjust asking for a meter as I have no back ups. Our doctors office didn't have any and I thought having a freedom or flash back up would be nice.
    Allene

13. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Allene, did you do the conference call? Were you able to get co-pay reimbursement?

14. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

DId not do it yet. I am really behind in my daughters schoolwork today. Had things planned that we still didn't get to. My hubbies only day off is Wednesdays so only chance to see him and I needed to sort through the garage a bit and told a friend that I would help pick out a puppy for their family at 2:00pm which was supposed to be 10 minutes away and now turns out to be 20 minutes away and I need to get to karate and kickboxing which means I need to leave the house for that by 4:00pm and that is all night.
    I am tired just writing this all.
    plus pod change, downloading, aghhhh:eek:
    okay, I feel better now.
    I am hoping to call abbott back for the cofnerence call shortly. will keep you posted.
    Allene

15. kodasmom

kodasmom Approved members

Okay....what exactly is Abbott?? I'm lost and can't keep up......lol

16. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Abbott is the pharmaceutical company that makes and/or distributes the Freestyle BG strips.

17. Theone

Theone New Member

When you call the the Freestyle promise program at 1-866-246-2683, you can ask for a free meter, or just enroll in the program, you can decline the insurance assistance as well. Usually takes 2-3 minutes
    You pay the first $15, Abbott pick up the difference up to $50, and if higher you will cover the remaining cost. This can be used once a month.

18. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Thanks for the info

I can't believe I've ben paying an extra $20 a month for the past 2 years and this program was available. ARGH!!!!!!
    I just called and asked for the "co-pay card" . For me it was a simple 5 minute call. They are sending the card with further instructions
    Thanks so much for posting this!

19. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

WOW! I need to do this our co-pay for strips is $80 a month.

20. jacobandhannah

jacobandhannah Approved members

I used the card for the first time today. It was very easy with no issues from the pharmacy. It felt so much better to pay $15 instead of $60 for a month supply. This will really help out.