- advertisement -

freestyle Lite -HI reading

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KitKat, Apr 19, 2009.

1. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

Does anyone know what HI means on a freestyle lite? I have been up all night....3 site changes, tubing change, insulin change....and HI readings all night. He is finally down to 210! He was outside all day and so was the pollen...poor guy has terrible allergies. So, I think he is either getting sick or his numbers are showing allergies.

So, I can't find my freestyle book or located it on the internet, I figure you guys will be much quicker!

2. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

I was told on our one touch "hi" meant it was to high of a reading for our meter to read.

3. Cabins Crue

Cabins Crue Approved members

HI on a meter usually means over 500... that is what I have been told:(.. hope you two are doing better..

4. mrcool

mrcool Approved members

Yes, on Freestyle Lite HI means it's over 500. Not a pleasant thing to see. :(

5. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

I hate it when meter tries to communicate withme, esp at night.

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

When my freestyle reads HI , I'll pull out an Accu chek and it wil read 100 points higher. To 599. If the freestyle ever read high the Accu chek would give me a real number to dose with.