- advertisement -

freestyle light

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Haleysmom2214, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Haleysmom2214

Haleysmom2214 Approved members

Have anyone had any problems with the new freestyle light strips? We are having all sorts of issues.

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

No, I love them! We have way fewer problems than with the older ones.

What sorts of problems are you having?

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yes, what sort of problems??

I was about to use some.:cwds:

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

we love the freestyle lite.. what kind of problems are you having? The new strips are even better than the old ones.. The old ones there CAN be issues of it sucking up the blood.. you have to put it at a slight angle on the top, don't press it into the blood drop.

5. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Our only issues with them are the fact that my 10 year old is humiliated to be using test strips with butterflies on them. We might be changing meters completely because of that!

6. Haleysmom2214

Haleysmom2214 Approved members

I have been having alot of errors. And the fact that I could conly use one side. I have tried it many ways. I love the freestyle and their discount:) Maybe I got a bad batch?

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

call abbott and ask for a replacement meter.. we had a meter that I was getting a lot of errors with, err 3 and 4.. they sent me out a new one. :)

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yep, that is the big thing with my boys. I love that little light though!

9. stevecu

stevecu Approved members

What do you mean by you could only use one side? That is how they are supposed to work, you use one side or the other then toss the strip. I would suspect that if you were consistently unable to use the same side of multiple strips from multiple lots, then there is a problem with your meter.

I'm sure Abbott would happily send you a new meter and new strips. They would send you a return label and box and ask you to return the ones giving you trouble.

They'll do anything to keep a customer ordering hundreds of strips every month.

10. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

We have been using Freestyle lite for 4 years. I wish I could switch out our old strips for the new ones.

I also like the Accu-chek Aviva--just wish their meter had a light and the meter itself wasn't so big.

just an fyi...Accu-chek has a co-pay assistance program, too.

11. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

Love the new strips!

Sorry you are having errors. Just a thought, have you gotten to 500 tests on that meter? If so, switch out the battery. I changed all out meters batteries about three weeks ago and have not had an error since.

12. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

We were having problems too - lots of error messages. Sometimes going through 4-5 strips to get a reading. We called and were told that there are 'old' and 'new' strips but that the old ones should work just fine. Yeah, right, that's why they changed them. But we ended up getting a new meter and the number of errors diminished greatly. So maybe there is some mismatch between the old strips and the old meters?
    If you are having problems, I definitely recommend calling the company.

13. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Occasionally Kayla goes through a period where she gets errors all the time, but she hasn't complained lately.

14. hiphoppes

hiphoppes New Member

We were just having the same problem with an err3 message just about every time. We had just put in a new battery so I thought that was the problem. I called the company and they are sending us a new meter and some strips.