- advertisement -

Freestyle light meter question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mandy092570, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mandy092570

mandy092570 Approved members

My son insurance changed and all it will pay for is freelyte light is this a good meter ?

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I have used the Freestyle brand (Flash mostly but also the Lite) exclusively for the past 3 years. I really like it. It takes the smallest blood sample size in the world, so you don't have to lance the finger too hard to get what you need. The Flash also has a built in light which is very handy for testing at night or in darkened places like a theatre. I also recently started using the Delica lancing device which I think is less painful than the standard spring loaded devices.

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

We use the Freestyle Lite and LOVE it. The new strips are so easy. We rarely have errors anymore. And the strip light is wonderful---I use it as a flashlight for night checks.

4. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

That's what we started out using until we found out our insurance will only cover onetouch strips. I'm not sure how the strips are now (i think they changed them) But we didn't like that the blood was taken from the side of the strip and how the section for the blood to go into was black.

5. JacksonsMom

JacksonsMom Approved members

We absolutely Love the Freestyle Lite test strips!!! There are so many reasons that make it great. 1. it uses a tiny amount of blood! 2. you can keep adding blood until you get enough! 3. It has a stip light.

I fought my insurance company tooth and nail to keep using the freestyle lite. The Promise Program brings down my copay and makes it possible for us to keep using these!!!!!!

We have the ping and we won't use the remote to test BG because we HATE One Touch!!!!