- advertisement -

Free Multiclix!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Abby-Dabby-Doo, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

This was posted in another topic on the forum and I wanted to make sure others saw it.
    http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/showthread.php?t=8620

Free Multiclix
    1-800-626-0644

I just called and got mine. Just an FYI, you will also receive 6 magazines called Circle of Life, also for free. They will ask you a couple questions, when was dxd, type of meter you use, how do you deliver insulin, and how many times a day do you test.

IMO
    This is the BEST lancet device ever made! I've heard lots of kids say they wouldn't want to use anything else. If you don't have one I encourage you to try it. If you have one, I encourage you to get a back up. No changing the lancet every time you use it, it has a drum of 6 lancets, so you just turn it to move to the next lancet. NO exposed needles. It's a wonderful device, and it's a lot less painful. Hopefully some of the members will put their testimonials on here.
    [​IMG]
    Free image hosting by http://www.holdthatpic.com/

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

Thanks! I missed the original post! Just called!

3. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Christian uses this one. He says that he doesn't even feel it when he uses it. It has a depth setting so you can set it on a setting that is good for your child.

4. KatelinsMom

KatelinsMom Approved members

Cool! Thanks for the information. My daughter loves the Multiclix, and now she will have a backup one. :D

5. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Thank you so much. I just called for ours too.

6. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Cool, Thanks!

7. allisa

allisa Approved members

I just called....so glad you posted this !

I have wanted to try this one for some time as everyone seems to love it.

When I called, she asked if I was calling about the magazines....I just said no, the multiclix lancing device and she never metnioned magazines again.

She said 3-4 weeks delivery time....so I HOPE it is quicker than the the mini touch meter we all waited on !!

8. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I just called and will get one...Maybe this won't hurt as bad as the other lancing devises Kelton has, I think we have 4 different ones and they hurt my fingers :(

9. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Thanks Lanae, I ordered one. ;)

10. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Oh Thanks Lanea! We almost bought one @ Rite Aide this weekend....:D

11. jdr

jdr Approved members

Thanks for the info. I just called also:)

12. melaniej

melaniej Approved members

thanks i just called cant wait to try it

13. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Multiclix is the absolute best lancing device. I have two, bought a back up from Walgreens and worth every penny. We have several different lancing devices we brought home from the hospital, but once we tried the multiclix there was no going back or trying any others. Sean has no problem letting me check his b.s. w/ it. Usually, he sticks his finger out to me anytime I start walking towards him, and most of the time it's not testing time. lol:D

14. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I have a question - we have one of these but my son - who is 7 - sometimes misfires - he doesn't always hold the device close enough to his finger. Maybe it is just him - with this type of device, do you ever feel like you are wasting part of the drum if you have misfires? Is there a way to reset it? Maybe I am just a goof and can't figure it out. :rolleyes:

15. cabo5150

cabo5150 New Member

Thank you.
    I didn't have to get the magazine either

16. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

My son sometimes misfires, too. You can just push down the trigger and use the same lancet again. You don't have to twist it and get a new lancet every time. That way you don't waste anything.

17. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

You can just set it up again without turning the barrel, and try again. It will work over and over, even if you do not change it to the next one.

18. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

We just switched to this and LOVE it. And yes, my guy is having problems hitting the right spot too. I think it is because he is used to having the hole in the middle of the device, rather than close to the edge.

We rotate the drum whenever W. notices that it hurts - usually after about 4-5 "dings".

19. cgates

cgates Approved members

Thanks Lanae, just ordered mine!

20. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

It's a great device, I have three. However, I called to get another (can't have too many of these things), and since I had gotten some other free stuff from Accu-Vue (a couple of meters, test strips, lancet), they told me I might not qualify to get one of these.

My daughter hates her insulin shots, but she is really good with this device. We keep it on the #2 setting all the time. She always says "time to get my finger blood, not my insulin, right mommy??"