- advertisement -

Freaking out now!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Cdpimpinella, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Cdpimpinella

Cdpimpinella Approved members

My 3 year old daughter has spent the last few days having accidents peeing her pants and asking for a sippy cup every two seconds. I checked her sugar this morning when she first woke up and it was 146. I called the dr and we have an appointment at 140 today. Am I being a paranoid mother who doesnt want to go through another type 1 diagnosis? Or do I have good reason to be nervous? I am freaking out. It is going to be a LONG morning waiting for 140 to come. :mad:

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

If the 146 was accurate, that would be a high fasting number. However, due to the inaccuracies of home BG meters, I'd try not to panic too much (much easier said than done!). I hope the appointment brings good news.

3. jrnmom2

jrnmom2 Approved members

(((((((((hugs)))))))))) I hope that the appointment goes well, I hope that everything is ok.

4. samheis

samheis Approved members

It's so hard not to worry : (
    Try to keep distracted until 1:40.

On a side note, my daughter has shown signs off and on since birth (excessive peeing, drinking) and it has never turned out to be D. I've heard everything that it could be slow onset to UTI's, but she's it always stops as abruptly as it starts, and she's never had a UTI. I wonder sometimes it it's just a natural process of growing, and I'm hypersensitive to the changes as they relate to D.

But I'm sure none of that helps you at all. Thinking of you and praying you are able to stay calm and clear as you figure out what might be up with your child.

5. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Been there and no sibling diagnosis, so it's good to be aware and on top of things but don't think this means a new diagnosis. Take it easy until the appointment, check for ketones if you can (cotton ball in the diaper!).

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I hope that it is not D and just an UTI or something. 3yr old can o thru their phases with new cups and gettingwater from the fridge and the like. Our weather her has been nice and more outdoor play and drinking water.

Just stay as calm as you can for your younge one's sake.

7. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Also, went through a stage with all my kids as they were starting to be ready to potty train, they would start to "save up" and pee all at once and that would flood the diaper and it would leak. If that's any reassurance. :eek:

8. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I'll be thinking about you today and hoping that number was higher then usual for some other easy reason. If it is another diagnosis, come back here and let us know. There are several members with more than one CWD who will be here to support you.:cwds:

9. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

I hope you get some good news today!

10. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

Praying for good news for you today.. Hopefully it is just something minor..:cwds:

11. MommaKat

MommaKat Approved members

Just wanted to send a reassuring hug or three. I hope the visit is going well, and you come home reassured and with answers. ((hugs))

12. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

My younger son's been in that range and higher (never over 200), and we know he's positive for 2 autoantibodies and does not have a protective hereditary gene. We've been scared a few times, but he still has no diagnosis of diabetes after several years. His highest AIC has been 5. It went down to 4.7 at his last TrialNet OGTT. I hope it's a false alarm for you too.

13. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Thinking of you. Hoping for the best. Praying for peace no matter what happens. I know you must know the answer by now...I am just hoping that no news is good news.

14. Cdpimpinella

Cdpimpinella Approved members

The pediatrician ordered some blood work this afternoon. Said we wont get the results until tomorrow morning. There were ketones in her urine and her blood glucose was 155. Tomorrow i am taking her to our endo...i should have just done that today but it is 1.5 hours away and didnt have a sitter for my 6 year old for after school. We will get to the bottom of this tomorrow. Still very nervous everytime she goes running to the potty and everytime she gulps down a sippy in minutes. I will post the results tomorrow. Thanks for everyones hugs and prayers. This community of people means so much to me!

15. lisac

lisac Approved members

I am praying for you!!!! Lots of hugs to you!!!!

16. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Hope the endo is able to give you some definitive answers, and that everything is okay. Hang in there.

17. Michelle (IL)

Michelle (IL) Approved members

Just wanted to add my support and good wishes that you'll get good news from your Endo tomorrow!

18. Marie4Julia

Marie4Julia Approved members

I've been thinking about you and your family - praying for a good outcome.

19. jrnmom2

jrnmom2 Approved members

((((Hugs)))) Thinking of you and hoping it's good news today! My DS has had ketones and sugars in that range as well and he doesn't have D. Keep us posted and good luck!

20. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Hope things are going well. Maybe the pediatrician can have test results faxed to the endo, also, if you want them in the loop. Hope she's feeling better today and there's no indication of diabetes.