- advertisement -

Found good arm pod holder

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KatieSue, Feb 5, 2012.

1. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

We were are Disneyland yesterday and her pod started coming off on one side. We went to the first aid station and they gave us some Tubular Net Bandages. It worked great. She said it was very comfortable. It was just tight enough to keep it on but not tight enough to bother her.

We also used it over the vet tape when she took a shower to kind of keep it from coming off.

Now off to see if I can find some at CVS.

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Good to know, thanks! We also just cut the cuffs off socks and that works well too. They are washable and reusable and can be color coordinated. We generally use old socks lol.

3. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

good use for the remaining sock when you've lost one LOL

4. sooz

sooz Approved members

Exactly!:D:p

5. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

Great idea, thanks for posting! I'd love to find SOMETHING that works for Adam's arm. I feel bad taping it down, he hates the Bands 4 Life....he even dislikes the vet wrap. Ugh.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

i always look at the cleance section for strange socks to cut up. they are great to just have in my purse or dance/gym bags just in case.

7. Tracy1918

Tracy1918 Approved members

I've seen that at the drugstore and was wondering if it would work. May need to try that!

8. sooz

sooz Approved members

I even saw an article, I think in Family Fun magazine where they were just suggesting this for all the kids as a fun accessory, and they were decorating them with buttons, etc!:p

9. sooz

sooz Approved members

10. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

What part of the sock do you use? Trying to visualize..:p

11. sooz

sooz Approved members

We use the cuff. These are little girl sized socks that we use since she is a little girl.:p but boys could use like camouflage socks or plain ones or spiderman. Etc if you look at the link I posted which uses a sweater cuff you might be able to visualize better.

12. lakevictoria

lakevictoria Approved members

We also use an adult sweat band for the arm. When swimming we use coban from 3M. It stays on much better than vetwrap. :eek:

13. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

We use "wristbands" also that my son pulls up around his arm. He is going to be 11 and they still work great...using them since he was 6. We get them in the sporting goods section....he thinks they are "cool" enough b/c they are Nike, Adidas, etc. and different colors. They now sell extra long which fits perfectly over the pod with a little extra room. They have enough cushion that they also protect the pod from accidentally getting knocked off. Even though they aren't waterproof, he prefers to wear them when swimming.