- advertisement -

Forums via iPhone

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Ellen, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Wondering if any forum participants access the forums via the iPhone and if it's just a challenge for those over 50 to read :) lol

2. Sherry Wendi's Mom

Sherry Wendi's Mom Approved members

I use my iPhone to read the forums all the time. You can zoom in on the message if the type is to small. That does require more scrolling though. My problem is trying to reply with the touch screen. I still have not gotten the hang of the small qwerty touch board.

3. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I zoom - try using the side of your finger (I type with one finger on the iphone - but am wicked fast on a laptop with both hands.)

4. mamort

mamort Approved members

I also access from my iphone, not as fast as the computer, but still use it alot when not at home.

5. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

I do, I make it bigger though. I also reply to threads sometimes as well with it. It took some getting use too!

6. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

So Ellen you chose an iPhone over blackberry then!!! I remember awhile back you were debating which one to get. (I hope I remember correctly lol!)

7. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Yes and I've had THE BEST time taking pictures with the iPhone. A recent blog is here with some of the pics.

http://nequalsone.blogspot.com/

I am overdue for a new blog post.

I would have loved to have had the flash on the blackberry - iPhone pics in dim light are awful.

8. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

I know I wish it had a flash! I have so many cute pics of the kids that didn't turn out because of that! I'll check out your blog!

9. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

Did you take those pictures of the flowers with your phone??? If you did WOW they are gorgeous!!!!! I don't know where you live but it looks beautiful!! Its -2 and tons of snow on the ground here!!

10. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Yep, but I have to get out my super-duper reading glasses or it's all just a tiny little blur.

11. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

I read them all the time on my iPhone but the age factor is definatly an issue. Sometimes when I"m tired I have to magnify the posts so that I scrolling side to side to see everything. It would be a little embarrassing if someone were watching!

12. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Yes - thanks. I'm in SE Florida.

13. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

:D Glad to know I'm in good company.

14. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

I use my iPod touch to access the forums sometimes. I've only posted short notes with it, but it's nice to have if I'm stuck somewhere that I can get a Wifi signal.

15. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

No iPhone, but I do use an Android phone to read.

It works, but isn't great. Posting is difficult due, to text editor being larger than the screen it and very slow due to the amount of javascript. Reading is okay, but would be faster if I could disable a lot of the graphics.

The main problem is that I need to create an alternate account to go lighter on the graphics, and to use the simple editor to make replies. Ideally the forum software could detect that I'm on the phone and allow me to have different settings when using it.