- advertisement -

for those whose MM transmitter has died...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Riley'sMom, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Riley'sMom

Riley'sMom Approved members

did you have an isig that was out of range when you used the test plug?
    or did you just feel like it was not working right?

we've ben having lots of problems the last 4 weeks or so, that we never consistently had before- weak signals, very inaccurate BG (it goes low and stays there when she is not low), lost sensors, very low isig, etc. i've used the test plug and it keeps coming back that the transmitter is working. called MM and they don't really have anything to add- sent me a new sensor for the last one, talk about good calibrations, yadda yadda. (we've been doing this for a year, i know how to calibrate!!)

the other thought is maybe the tissue needs a break. we've been using her arm the last couple months. tried the upper hip area this morning, and guess what, lost sensor again. GRRRRR.

school starts in 3 weeks and i want to get this settled before then. i think i may just order a new one today??

thanks,
    jessica

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

are all the sensors from the same package?? if so, that could very well be it.. if not, then my guess would be the transmitter.. they 'guess' that it works for around a year.. I hope you get more time out of it though!!

I've had a few sensors that are very stubborn the first day, but after that they are terrific.. I'm not sure why though..

3. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

Our transmitter died just a few weeks ago - while on vacation no less.:confused: It was doing exactly what you are describing. I called MM and they walked me through the test process and the ISIGs were 60.40. Ours lasted about 10 months. They were very helpful and I had a replacement wthin a couple days.

4. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

Ours lasted about 20 months and did what you are describing. We're still fighting with insurance to get a replacement covered. Seems they consider it part of the pump and therefore can only be replaced every 3 years. I actually don't think they are being stubborn, I think the technology is just so new that all the coding and such haven't caught up yet.

5. Riley'sMom

Riley'sMom Approved members

kim, it's been with sensors from different boxes. thanks though!.i wish it was the sensors! we've had ones that weren't great at first but turned out fine. but this is doing wierd things several days into it, after being fine at first.

momof3, unfortunately (or forunately?) the test isigs have all come back normal when i call MM. i guess i am just leery of ordering, and paying for, a new transmitter when they can't specifically say that is the problem.

brensdad, i hear ya on the new technology. the insurance co has no idea what i am talking about. have you gotten your new one yet?? i hope!

thanks everyone!