- advertisement -

For those dx this year or more recently - How are you doing?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by StillMamamia, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Nobby1

Nobby1 Approved members

Sad & Mad.

Nearly 5 month since diagnosis and our first A1C coming up on Thursday, praying it will be ok.

DD doing okay apart from a little cold which is messing with her numbers obviously.

I am so happy to read that more people than I are still shedding a tear or two every day, every week, every month.

I am so sad today that I can hardly breathe.

I am worried about her, I am worried about her future, I wish I could take it away. I pray for a cure.

2. mandy092570

mandy092570 Approved members

Nov 2 will be a year since we found out our 5 year had type 1

On Nov 2 we found out he had type 1 It was very hard then i dont think i slept for 2 months i worried was he was going to have a seizure are go in to a diabetec coma so i set up and watched him we have some problems getting his sugar straight since he started school he is either to high are to low and he catches ever cold and virus going around because he has to go the nurses station for his shot but at first Jacob cried for the first few weeks of getting shots but now he is use to it he took it alot better then me he tells everyone that tries to offer him candy that i am type 1 diabetec cant have that maybe for a snack that makes me so pround of him he is 6 and we found out when he was 5 so i think he understands whats going on that he has to take shots and get his sugar taking but he still dosent know when he is running low he has been running ear infections alot and has had high sugars before he started school his A1c was 7.3 but know that is in school his A1c 8.0 I dont know what is going on seems like stress and illness from school keeps sugar up so i firgure when he sugar starts rising he is proablly coming down with something usally i can look at him and tell when he is low my husband says i have a good ideal for it so when he goes on feild trips the teacher wants me to go and take care of him because i know what to look for other then a stomach bug and ear infections that causes his sugar to rise or playing to hard causing his sugar to drop even after giving him a 15carbs snack I love him and wouldnt know what to do with out him in my life so know thats its almost a year i am not that nervous anymore and have read and studied and watched everything i can think on type i diabetec i hope the find a cure but until them i am tring my best for Jacob , Jacob tells me hurry up give me my shot let me go play then he says did you take my sugar yet he makes me so happy