- advertisement -

? for Pumpers...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by PAULEEN, Aug 5, 2008.

1. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Where do you keep the little cap to cap off the site (when swimming etc) when not using it? It would be Convenient if the pump had a little place to hold it...(maybe I can "sell" the idea to them :cool:) I am just wondering what you all do to not lose it? Thanks!

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

I think it actually gets kept in my trashcan :rolleyes:

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

We have one in the little test meter pouch pocket, one in the frio bag and carry an extra inserter set, just in case:D

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We appear to keep them between the cushions of the couch, under the seat in the car, and in the toy bin. The most reliable way for me to find one is to not be looking for one.

5. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Ain't that the truth. I think they multiply!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  6. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Never use them!

7. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

This is where we keep ours also

We have pumped for 5 1/2 yrs and never used one.

8. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Phillip is supposed to keep them in a zip lock bag in his diabetes bag. That way he's always got one for at his dads. They do tend to end up everywhere else though.

9. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

Colleen

You mean I am supposed to plug it when not usng it???? Guess you could find mine still in the box. I have never used it, should I be?

10. StillMamamia

How do you when taking baths? Do you use bathtime as changing sites time also?
    We disconnect the pump, put caps on the site and on the tubing thingamagigy (yes, that's the technical term...LOL).

11. speakup4kids

speakup4kids Approved members

We have never put the little pluggy thing in either when we disconnected the pump. I guess that's one more thing to add to my bad mom list. That dang list is sure getting long these days!:eek::)

12. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Not, Colleen...but ;)

Yes, bathtime/showertime is generally site changing time. :) If he is going swimming, or we need to disconnect for some reason, I just take it off and suspend it. Sometimes I forget to suspend it, but I have never had a problem.

13. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

Colleen

I just unplug him and he takes the bath. I have not used the plug in thing. Is this harmful?:eek:We usually change sites after bath on day 3. Today we had a site failure so changed it then and there. No numby stuff, we just do it.

14. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

only use it at beach. sand will get in there and you can't reconnect.
    btdt.
    keep a supply in car now. in my purse

15. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

Colleen

I heard suspending the pump can cause bubbles. Therefore when I unplug the floor gets "insulated".:D

16. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We don't plug the cap in for baths, but we do for the swimming pool. I keep the plugs in our swim bag.

17. linda

linda Approved members

we never used...does the cozmo have 1(duh?) but the sand thing is true u dont want bacteria from ocean in there!! We were told to cover with bandaid thing or bandaid for beach only...have to check out if we have 1

18. StillMamamia

ROFLOL:D

I have no idea whether it's harmful or not. I would imagine it's more hygienic to put the cap back on, but to tell you the truth, when we go see the endo, they take the pump to connect it to the pc, and they don't put the cap on.
    And we also disconnect without suspending too.

19. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I had a Looooong chat with the Inset rep at FFL and she was emphatic. You do not need to plug that site when in water. It's "pressure sealed" I believe she said and water cannot leach onto insertion point. We used to plug up for swimming, ( she showers with her pump on) but no more. One less thing to worry about ;) imho. I can live without it :cool:

20. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

I never even heard of this "plug". I was never told to do this. I use the Cleo sets and I don't think it comes with it????

TRACY