- advertisement -

For Medtronic pumpers

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brenda, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

2. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

3. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

$299 initially and $29.99/month.

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

That's pretty pricey, surprised on the monthly cost mostly, using Nightscout/ CCM in the cloud is so much cheaper.

5. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

That was my guess.

I was looking on their Facebook page this evening. Looks like the actual cost is $199 with no on going cost. It has some cool/unique features, like being able to see pump data in the app, and it uploads to Carelink automatically, so you never have to manually upload. Also, the people following your data can see if the pump acknowledged the alarm or not for glucose alerts. Available in the Fall. No prescription required, no expected insurance coverage.

6. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

I've already told my local Rep to sign us up! I'll report back with our experience once we get one in hand. This should be a huge improvement over the MySentry.

7. stevecu

stevecu Approved members

Once again Android is an afterthought...

We are once again in the market for a new pump and have pretty much decided on Tandem, but got a call from Medtronic yesterday. The rep on the phone claimed that connect was available right now and that even without an iPhone we would be able to receive the text alerts (which would be a bit of a game changer), I told her we would take a look at the 530g and try the enlite with this Connect thing, before we decide. But after just a bit of checking online I see it's all vaper-ware.

We learned long ago not to select medtronic based on what's "just around the corner".

And the one thing that really does draw me back in to medtronic - Carelink - now has an even scarier looking aspect. If you look at their new partner glooko it looks like all that data I've been leery of letting medtronic store, is now going to be shared with "payers" i.e. insurance companies.

Be very afraid...

8. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I am just curious, what are you worried that the insurance companies will do with your CGM data?

9. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

Dexcom Share also stores data. Some of their plans for using that stored data were mentioned in their last earnings call.