- advertisement -

For Cake Boss fans

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by goochgirl, Jun 29, 2011.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Yesterday, we took the family on a "field trip" to Carlo's Bakery. It was to celebrate my birthday (one of the big ones), Yossi's third diaversary, and our move back home. We waited in line for about 45 minutes to get in. The place is really tiny, and jam packed with people. You couldn't see anything in the cases. I asked for a small chocolate cake, since I figured that would be easy. I wasn't expecting it to be anything but a normal bakery chocolate cake. You know, just o.k., kind of dry. No way could this cake live up to the hype. OMG, it was THE BEST CAKE I've ever had in my life!!! Really!! And we ate the whole thing, Hoboken style, baby!

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Cool! :D I've also wondered if those cakes, as cake, are any good - nice to hear that the baker can really bake!

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

OMG - Coco wants to go so bad. She bugs me all the time about making a road trip.

4. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Like Like Like :D

5. selketine

selketine Approved members

We like to watch that show. I don't know how they do it in such a little place - I know they are making the bigger bakery nearby.

Did you see any of the people from the show?

6. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

I am with Coco! I want to go on a road trip there too! :D Good to know that the cake would be worth the drive!

7. Hudson_Rocks

Hudson_Rocks Approved members

I so wanna go! But I would probably go for a pastry....okay, well, maybe pastry AND cake LOL. Yum!

8. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

My daughter soooo wants a cake (or even just a cupcake Mom!!) from Carlo's! Will be excited when their mail order business is up and running...wonder if those cakes will taste just as good!

9. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

I want to go!! Please!! :)

Crystal

10. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

Yum! I would love to go too!