- advertisement -

Follow up on our MD situation

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nanhsot, Aug 26, 2011.

1. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

First thank you to so many of you who pm'ed me with support, stories, suggestions in my area. And your outpouring of support here on the boards was exactly the verification that I needed that we don't have to put up with that level of care. It's so reassuring to have you guys and know you've got my back. Just as I know you'll support me, I also know you'll call my bluff if I'm off base, and that's invaluable!

With the suggestion of a few of our members in my area and then through a conversation with the CDE, I have switched to another Dr. within the practice at this point. When he begins his college refinement I will begin searching for an adult endo. I sent a very succinct email to the office stating that I would not allow Dr. XYZ to see my son again, I sincerely hope she sees it as I outlined why.

We cancelled all our appointments (we schedule a year ahead) and rescheduled with the new team, including one of the NP that I really like.

Feeling pretty empowered this morning! There was even a nip in the air for my run this morning, and that's saying something in Texas! AND, season opener for the football team tonight! All kinds of excitement going on.

2. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Good Going, hopefully the thing will read the letter.

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

Good call on your part. I hope the person in charge of the office reads the letter with her. Best case scenario is that she LEARNS from this and doesn't do it to any of her other patients. Perhaps it will be the start of her being a great endo - or not - but at least you won't have to deal with her.

4. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Good for you! I would have done the same thing.

5. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Glad to see you have found something that will work for you guys and hope this endo is so much better then the last.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I am very glad to hear this. I hope your new doctor and your son develop a good working relationship.

7. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

That "nip in the air" is a low in the mid-70s. Everyone in my area was so happy that the high yesterday was 94 instead of 108. There is hope the high temperature streak will break -- it may be October -- but we were teased with a sprinkling of rain and the "cool front" to bring the temperature down 15 degrees. My A/C even turned off at 9 pm!

This combined with getting in touch with a new set of medical professionals is very refreshing for you.

8. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Good for you! Best of luck with this new endo and I hope your son is able to keep doing as well as he is! :cwds:

9. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Hope it works out with this doctor. Your son's doing such a good job!

10. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

I think it's good that you acted quickly. The visit will be fresh in the previous endo's memory, and your son will really see that you are supportive of his D management.

11. Hudson_Rocks

Hudson_Rocks Approved members

Good work! Hope the new dr is supportive and personable :)

12. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Yay! You're very brave and it sounds like you found a good solution. Let me know if you get a response to the letter!!

13. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

EXCELLENT job Ma Ma :D

14. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Great job! Your son will always remember how supportive you have been and he will always be grateful to you. You are a wonderful mom.