- advertisement -

Follow up on "favorite candy for lows"

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nanhsot, Oct 27, 2013.

1. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Got a random text this week: "by the way candy for when I'm low that I like is a terrible idea."

LOL. Gotta love teens!

2. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Because they want to eat it.

3. meganmac

meganmac Approved members

That is funny. My 7 year old always treats with juice or glucose tabs. My 17 year old, type 1 exchange student from Norway usually treats with a banana. She started cross country and needed something small and individually wrapped for her spi belt, so I bought her a bag of starbursts. A couple weeks later I asked if I could have a couple starburst for Will and she said they were gone. Gone!?!? What? I bought a whole bag, have you been going low more than I know? Her response, no, I just can't be trusted with a whole bag of candy! :p I'm glad I learned this lesson now, we'll stick with the small tube of glucose tabs for her spi belt from now on. :D

4. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Tabs for me
    Candy finds it's way to my stomach real fast, and chocolate doesn't stand a chance.