- advertisement -

Flu shot drama

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by BCmom, Nov 8, 2010.

1. BCmom

BCmom Approved members

Well I made an appointment for the whole family to get our shots this year.

So we all went to the health unit. A few minutes after Ems injection, she went very pale and her blood sugar dove... then the nurse pulled an alarm! And all these nurses came out of the wood work. They tried to make Emma lie on the ground with her legs up on the chair... all the while I am saying she just needs juice..but they tucked her in a a blanket and gave her a pillow and checked her pulse... while I am trying to help her drink her juice while lying down:eek:.

Emma after wards said she kind of liked all the fuss and attention.:rolleyes:

2. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

was she low?

3. BCmom

BCmom Approved members

Yes. I don't know if it was the stress ( she was totally freaked out by the vacination... go figure), but she started to crash. AND it was right in front of the diabetic nurse's desk, but she doesn't work fridays:rolleyes:

4. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Sounds like you were the calm one - good job!!!

My ds freaks out at the flu shot too - he said the needle is way bigger!!! Go figure - I didn't think anything was worse then his cgms needle!