- advertisement -

First Meltdown about "D"

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Abby-Dabby-Doo, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Donna C

Donna C Approved members

Hugs & Prayers

Oh, Lenae . . . I'm so very sorry. I agree with so many others that it is good Abby got this out and didn't bottle it up inside! It's so very important to be open and honest with our kids about themselves, ourselves, etc. Although my own daughter's diagnosis is very new, I've had to help both of my children navigate their unique learning differences and struggles in certain areas. Our kids all have SOOOO much to offer. In spite of the things we hate (like diabetes and anything that threatens our kids), we can all learn and help others through it all. God has a purpose and He provides the strength . . . even though we can't understand His ways now. This is where faith is the thread we hold onto! My daughter is thinking differently already . . . about the possibility of being a nurse, now, etc. Our kids seem to "roller coaster" through the difficult things thrown their way while, as parents, we seem to carry the burden 24/7 with little relief. This site is so great for venting and support! I'm sending my love and prayers for you and Abby. I agree with the other comment that it'd be nice for our community to live closer together. I haven't yet found a group or network in our town. I know there likely is one; it's just so new to us we haven't found it quite yet! And . . . DITTO . . . let Abby know she is NOT alone -- you will go through it with her and she can always vent to you!
    Donna

2. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

It is very good for her to vent.

This damn disease makes me mad as hell alot and my husband and daughter have heard me cuss and scream about another shot or site change or how sick and tired I am of testing my sugar, again.
    Then I go back to what I have to do.
    So will your daughter and so will you, this is a great place for you to come and vent , because everyone understands.

Huggs to you both.

3. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

(((((HUGE bear hugs)))))) from the Moodie girls :(

4. Yaaker

Yaaker Approved members

Lanae,I'm so sorry,this disease is rotten,and Kristopher tells us daily that it "sucks" (and he means it) He's only broken down once,but it was hard on everybody in the family,so my heart goes out to you,wish I could give you's both a hug:cwds:. And you can't take it away for her,although,like you,I think every one of us would take it for them if we could (then it would be us saying "this sucks!;)) But you're doing a really good job of helping her thru this & she'll remember just how strong you were & how you were there for her..........and that counts for a WHOLE lot!!! Thinking of you's Lori

5. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

I'm with her. It sux farts.

6. Ella's mom

Ella's mom Approved members

Lanae,

Big hugs to you and Abby!

It takes me longer to recover than it does Ella after she lets loose with one of her diabetes meltdowns. I know what you mean about wishing to take over their never ending diabetes routine. Hoping today was a bit brighter for Abby (and mom to!):cwds:

7. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

just cancer :( thats the part that got me more than anything. im sorry..... i wish we had some magical thing to say that helps the kids to think positive. at least its out. ((((((love to you both)))))

8. Mojo's mommy

Mojo's mommy Approved members

Hi lanae,

When I read your post I felt a rush back of all the emotions I felt when Courtney did that. I posted that a few weeks back..

All I can say is that I know exactly how your heart felt at that moment in time...((((((Hugs))))))

9. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

OMG, I'm sitting here crying, I am so sorry Abby and you had to go through this, that is the worst. It is just not fair that our kids have to deal with that horrible disease:( Jenny had a very similar breakdown about 2 month ago, I felt so helpless, all I was able to do was holding her and cry with her. A big HUG and tell Abby that Jenny said hi and that she is so excited to have her as her pen pal.

10. momx2withdiabetes

momx2withdiabetes Approved members

(((((((((((Hugs ))))))))))

So sorry , we have been there too and just reading your most brings tears to my eyes !! It is one of the worst pains as a parent is knowing you can't take it away!! Diabetes sucks !!
    Hang in there .....

11. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Thanks for your thoughts and hugs.
    Abby was back to her bouncy self the next morning.
    Me on the other hand is out buying Kleenex today, to replace the box I went through.
    I'm very thankful for this site! Some of my pain is lifted just by venting. One poke at a time.