- advertisement -

First Impressions of Dexcom G4

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by sneakermom, Nov 3, 2012.

1. mysweetwill

mysweetwill Approved members

We had resounding success with our first two sensors, almost perfect accuracy, very good range. Like you, I don't like that it doesn't alarm if it goes out of range or for ???

Our third sensor had the same ??? issue as you, and likewise, when I called, they said they would replace it. We had ??? for several hours, then some readings and then ??? again. Switched it out and are having great accuracy again.

I loved having the Mysentry and the readings on the pump, but we had such horrendous accuracy that now seeing how a CGM can work, I am so glad we made the switch- really what is a CGM's worth without accuracy?

2. Mom2Av

Mom2Av Approved members

Insertion of G4

How is the insertion of the G4? My son says the Gen 7 stings a lot! Any input from the wearers of the G4?

3. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

We've only been at it for 4 days or so but I haven't seen any question marks yet. I've gotten the out of range a couple of times when I pushed the limits, but it comes right back in when I move it closer. I have gotten a number with no arrows a couple of times. That comes back within minutes too.

One thing is that I've been keeping it at a centrally located spot in my house and if it alarms high or low I don't hear it above regular household noise. I was expecting it to be like hearing my iphone's email alert or something. In fact I don't even know what the alarms sound like because either we catch it when it vibrates because she's wearing it or because it's quiet, OR it's not on her and it's too noisy to hear so we miss the alarm altogether. I wind up keeping it in my pocket or checking it a lot but we're so new that it's a fascination to me.

I can't speak to the insertion because we have nothing to compare it to and we used EMLA.

4. mysweetwill

mysweetwill Approved members

No complaints from my son but then again he was used to the medtronic cgm, this needle is so much smaller.

5. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Mostly my DD didnt mind the 7+ insertion. But she says insertion for the Gen 4 generally hurts less than the 7+. We did still have one of those rare painful insertions the other day that ended up being a bit bloody when we removed it.