- advertisement -

First Hi and a Big Low in 24 hours. Ugh

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, May 7, 2011.

  1. kimmcannally

    kimmcannally Approved members

    Feb 28, 2010
    Yesterday, J just kept creeping up. I had been at work so didn't know he had been high for several hours. I got home and he was in the 300's. I bolused him and figured it was just something he ate that he didn't bolus for correctly.
    Checked him an hour later and he was in the 400's. Bolused again with a site change in mind if he didn't come down. Next thing I know, his meter is greeting me. Hi. Ugh.

    Changed his site, and he came down fine. No kinks I could see in the canula.

    Then last night, the receiver for his wireless mic we use with the Dexcom (which had been giving us ??? during the highs last night so we changed the sensor) had fallen off the table I keep it on. I picked it up in the dark, put it back and turned it on.

    J came in at 3:30 this morning having been woken by a low that the Dex showed he had for several hours! Under 55, and the Dex said 39 when I went to input the BG. He was headed straight up without eating anything, so I guess his liver dumped some glycgogen. (or whatever it is called - no sleep lately and my brain is sluggish).

    I gave him a couple of tabs anyway and he stayed in the 100's after that.

    What a ride.
  2. monkeyschool

    monkeyschool Approved members

    Mar 2, 2011
    That is so scary :( Hope the site changes took care of things for good and you can get some rest tonight. So glad to read the liver can kick in sometimes to help us out. I am going to be a wreck when we hit a number like that .... I am getting chills now just thinking about it.:eek:

Share This Page

- advertisement -

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice