- advertisement -

first day of school tommorow

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ashley_lynden, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ashley_lynden

ashley_lynden Approved members

He has a new nurse and a new teacher. The nurse doesn't have pump training until Thursday and the teacher has had no training at all. I'm a bit worried. I'll be there tommorow as the nurse asked me to, but after that, I'm trusting them. Oh yeah, his IEP hasn't been updated yet either (he was MDI last year) so we will see....

2. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Good luck tomorrow... hope all goes well. I totally feel your anxiety.. next week will be new school for us, new teachers, new nurse, new EVERYTHING... the anxiety has already begun to set in...for Mom!

Good luck, Kathy

3. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Am joining you in the "feeling anxious" crowd. School starts on the 30th and, honestly, I am NOT ready. We need to train teachers/staff next week as there's no school nurse. On top of it, we will be moving to an apartment closer to school! But until we get this going (Sept. 11), I will have to drive all three girls to school everyday and pick them up everyday. That's 20 minutes going there, and about an hour coming back. Phhhth!

4. michelleissweet

michelleissweet Approved members

I know what you all mean! We have nothing in place and school starts on the 25th! School waits until the last minute to do anything. I hope being that he was in the prek program last year helps maybe teachers etc. passed on some information to kindergarden teacher. I expect I too will be there the first day or two trying to get the teacher trained. That can be hectic for parent, child and teacher though being she has 20 other students to get acquainted with along with some who have never been away from their parents.