- advertisement -

Finally started medtronic revel!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mom2Hanna, May 22, 2012.

1. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Pump start yesterday went well, we really liked the trainer. Hanna's negative attitude was turned by the custom pump skin she designed. It has a combo theme of Dr Who and One Direction! Sensor training in a few weeks!

2. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Yay! Glad you like the new pump. The custom skins are the best. Ella's is tye-dye :)

3. 2boysmom

2boysmom Approved members

Please keep posting on how the transition is going! We are switching from the Ping to the Revel on Friday.

4. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

Congrats!!!

5. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Differences so far are no big deal. Site change tonight though, so we'll see how that goes. The cartridges are pretty different and I think the ping ones are more idiot proof. The sites are almost the same, Hanna's using mios. I thought she would like the holster rather then the clip and I was right. Her numbers have been great so that helps with transition. Bolusing is really easy and we set all alerts to vibrate so no beeps.
    Stupid thing I do, when I would bolus Hanna via ping remote at night I would sit and watch it go in, 1 unit at a time because every once in awhile the remote would lose the connection with the pump if I put it down. The revel infuses so slowly plus it's right on the pump so I haven't been waiting. It was just habit.

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm glad it's going well so far! Reservoirs on MM are pretty simple to use, I'm sure you'll have no issues. :)

7. Daddyto4

Daddyto4 Approved members

:)
    This message was too short. I have lengthened it my message to at least 10 characters.