- advertisement -

FFL

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by melissajm, Jun 29, 2012.

1. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

Lilly & I are going to FFL for the first time:D:D:D
    Who else is going?

2. momofone

momofone Approved members

We're going for the first time, but in Vancouver.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

It seemed to me when we went about 5 years ago that the FFL crowd and the CWD crowd don't actually have that much overlap, which is sort of odd, but rather true.

Have fun. Hope they have lots of good swag! :cool:

4. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

Melissa,
    Carol, I can't spell her screen name at all and I will be there. I know a few others also.
    Wendy

5. Kimby

Kimby Approved members

We'll be there!

6. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

I'll be there. They need to add screen names to the name tags so we connect better.

7. melissajm

That's a great idea!

8. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

Well, screen names are not on because, as someone else said, very few people with such names attend the conferences. Others are known by their email name or their FB name. So, the name tags would be too cluttered.

That said, maybe you (meant in the plural for all with "screen" names) could find a way to add something to the outer plastic cover of the badge (see http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com...photos/20100702/slides/20100702-DSC_8202.html) for a photo of a badge with a First Timer ribbon attached (could not find a better close up). There will probably be a table set up where you can decorate (add stickers) to your badge, a child friendly activity. So, affixing some kind of sticker (maybe one with your screen name-thinking label you might have at home??) could be an option.

BTW, the name tags include the first and last names of adults (over 18), plus where you are from. All minors' have first names only. I think elementary staff likes you to write your cell number and indicate what sessions you plan to attend on the back of your child's tag so they can find you in case of emergency. I am not aware of what child care requires. Those plastic badge covers are also a great place to stick your room keycard.

Another reminder, in case you missed the e-mails, please put your name and cell phone number on any meter you have with you. Also, on phones, cameras, etc. There is always a Lost and Found at the CWD Registration area. Valuables in the L and F are locked up overnight.

9. sneakermom

sneakermom Approved members

We'll be there!

10. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

maybe its just me... but I dont understand what you're saying...
    all the people at FFL are cwd people......

this will be our 10th FFL !:cwds:

11. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

That 95% of the people I met at FFL said that they never posted on the CWD Forum.

It just seemed to me, and in my experience, there wasn't a great deal of overlap in the two communities.

12. melissajm

Lilly & I will be helping out at the ADA booth on Friday & Saturday. Can't wait to get there!!