Meredith started running a low grade (100) fever last night. She's been complaining of a sore throat for a few days. Over night she complained of a headache as well. I've been treating symptoms and pushing fluids. Numbers running in the mid 200's with corrections. Ketones have been negative. Now she says her throat hurts more and she's getting a stuffy nose. Fever is up to 102. She looks absolutely miserable. So, how long do I wait to call. Strep and influenza A and B are running rampant at school. If she has something, I'd like to get her on something to feel better soon. But if it's viral I really don't want to take her in to a germ filled clinic/urgent care. I feel so helpless when my kids are sick.