- advertisement -

Feeling young

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by Ellen, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I just now bought a song from iTunes for the first time :). Pretty good for being half a century young.

BTW, when my son went off to college, I went back to school to get a master's degree at the same time. It helped take some of the focus off worrying about him 24/7. My philosophy: "It's never too late to write a new script for your life."

2. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Uncanny how you just posted this Ellen. I just had an interview with a company today. I haven't worked full time since before kids (20 years!!). :eek: I still have my younger son in high school, and I am so apprehensive about the possibility of undertaking a career type position. It would most definitely be like writing a new script for the next phase of my life. I'm so scared and not so sure about it all, but we could really use the money for the college tuition. I need to be still and see if the possibility "feels right".

I think it's very cool you've gone back to school... the world awaits!!! :D

3. susanH

susanH Approved members

way to go ellen! i really like your back to school idea.

i will hit the half century mark next year and thought i'd celebrate by running my first marathon. :confused: i've run for years but never attempted that distance.

4. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Laurie, what I miss most going to school, is not having an income. Good for you.

Go Susan. I'll cheer you on from the side lines and hand you water and glucose gel if you need it ;-).

BTW, for a diversity class last year, I tried to play this song as an intro to discussing midlife, but the video wouldn't work, so the entire class recited the lyrics - got a good laugh and everyone was relaxed for the presentation. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5002255764140351365

5. susanH

susanH Approved members

that video is too funny. :D