- advertisement -

Feeling different

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Gillybean2145, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Gillybean2145

Gillybean2145 Approved members

I'm 14 years old and have had Type 1 for a little over 2 years. I have been having trouble with my diabetes lately because I just feel so different around my friends. I just wish that I could just hang out and eat with my friends without worrying about my blood sugar or running to do insulin every 5 minutes. Ugh I wish I had some more friends or people in my life that know what I'm going through but I found this website and I hope it helps.

2. icanhazjoy

icanhazjoy Approved members

I know the feeling. I got diabetes about the same time as you (it was JUST before I turned 12) and I felt the same way until I had my endo come in to the school to educate my class about diabetes, then everyone (especially friends) was more than willing to help me out. When they helped test my blood sugar, or they went with me on insulin runs, I didn't feel so alienated. Maybe you could see if you could get your friends interested in it too?