- advertisement -

Favourite pump site?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MamaChrissa, Sep 5, 2008.

1. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Since DX we have pretty much used J's behind for all his pump sites, but its looking really beat up lately. :eek: We have been trying thigh sites, but he complains about them hurting more on insertion and we have a lot of failed sites there as well. Any ideas where we might try next? Oh, hes also very skinny!

Thanks in advance! :cwds:

2. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Don't know if this will help since your ds is a bit younger but Phillip only uses his tummy. Never tried anywhere else.

3. wilowndmomof3

wilowndmomof3 Approved members

My son really prefers his arms. He also complains that the legs hurt when going in.

4. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We just did a site change 10 mins ago. I asked Rachel where she wanted it and she held out her arm! She used to say she didn't want it at all ;)
    Before starting arm sites a month or so ago we had only used her butt/hip area, she is totally against tummy.

5. taximom

taximom Approved members

We rotate belly, butt and arms. We've never tried his legs.

6. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

I have found any site but the thighs work, I do find myself that the site is felt more in the thigh, easily pulled or just a bad site. I have personally given up on using the thighs.

The small of the back is good, Tummy and arms also

7. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

We use his bottom for his pump sites mostly, with a couple of tries on his tummy. We use his arms for his cgms.

:)Candy

8. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I always use the left side of my stomach. I've tried using my left thigh before, but it got torn out a couple of times.

9. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Thanks everyone! I don't think his arms would work....they are toothpicks with hands! :rolleyes: But I will start talk up the belly! Thanks again. :)