- advertisement -

Favorite Medical ID

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Monica, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Monica

Monica New Member

I know some of you do not like wearing medical ID, but what is your favorite ID jewelry? I have found plenty of girly styles. How about you guys on the forums?

Here are mine

I love this one, but they only have james avery in Texas and Oklahoma
    http://secure.jamesavery.com/view_jewelry/search/viewProduct.jsp?itemCode=B-268L

This one is just like the Tiffany Heart Toggle Bracelet!!!!
    http://www.hahoriginals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=66_68&products_id=219&osCsid=211331e1440e0fc9e43bf567a6eddad1

2. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  3. Rob

Rob Approved members

personally, i only like the ones i make myself, usually i use some form of a watch sports band, just stitch the medical id tag right onto it. they seem to hold up better than any you can buy, and way cheaper too.

4. LalaLora272

LalaLora272 Approved members

I have had medi-alert stuff before but I never wore them. I has an SOS necklace but lost the top, and then I had a medic-alert sports band but it was itchy and looked horrible.

I never thought about looking into different companies before, but that heart braclet is really nice. I guess I'm lucky I havent needed my tag but I guess I should get one.

:eek: Lala xxx

5. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

My son HATES wearing his medic-alert bracelet since it is so 'hospital' like. I finally designed a shirt for him on cafepress that has to do with him playing tennis. Loves it! I also plan on designing a doggie t-shirt for our new doggie so that when my son takes the dog for a walk, the doggie shirt can alert others in a nice way about my son. People love to stop and pet the doggie and it is a nice way to break the ice! :)

6. Ima Super Mute Ant

Ima Super Mute Ant Approved members

medic alerts

I might be a bit more pricey than what you want... but what I did was to find a few pieces that I actually liked and had then engraved with the medic-alert symbol, my name, and "diabetic". That makes it easy for me to change the look, and its more personal. ^.^

7. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Hey, Here's my favorite http://www.diabeticwristband.com/, I don't own one myself yet, but - i really want it. In my experience all my identification braclets have gotten broken, and/or been way too big for my wrists. I really like these b/c 1) they won't just break on you and 2) they come in a couple different sizes and 3) they're a bit trendy as well. So, they work well - especially for active people.:D

8. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

Saw that one MunchinGirl and my son already does wear the rubber bracelets for other causes (Live Strong, etc.) so I don't think that in a crisis of a low BG, the medical emergency team would pick up on the fact that this Diabetic band means he's a Diabetic... maybe he just donated a dollar to JD to get the bracelet. :confused: Anyway, so many kids wear these bracelets that it would be hard to spot the ones specific for medical alert to that person. As a mom, I wouldn't really trust that it would help in an emergency. Make sense?

9. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Oh yeah, I totally understand what You are saying. You make a very good point. I think that my difference in opinion would be that I carry all my supplies with me and I wear an insulin pump - so, if I was by chance passed out or just plain out of it - chances are that if someone did look at it - they may actually decide to look and find out. Also, the more appropriate one to buy would be red, as the red ones typically are a little more of a red-flag to a medical condition.

I think, though, in your son's case, you are quite right. I don't wear those things as it is, so, I don't see a problem with it in and of myself.

Good point, though!

10. Dylan

Dylan Approved members

11. Mommacasey

Mommacasey Approved members

Check out Cute Medical Bracelets too. They have a line of bracelets for guys that you might find something you like.