- advertisement -

Fave non carb snack foods.

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by BCmom, Sep 29, 2010.

1. BCmom

BCmom Approved members

Looking for more ideas. Em is always hungry (she is growing) and still on injections... trying to come up with ideas too fill her up with nutritious food...:confused:

We do a lot of veggies and dips, and cheese...

Any more ideas?

2. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

It's not non-carb but those really low carb-watch yogurts are good. They start at about 3 carbs.

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

Maybe some eggs..hard boiled, deviled, scrambled, an omelette...or some tuna salad...or salami...:). If you add a little bit more fat to her meals it will help her stay fuller longer perhaps.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  4. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Nuts of course, and beef jerkey/slim jim type things are popular around here. The low carb yogurt with a strawberry mixed in pretty filling. When I have time I make a bunch of ham rollups, I take a big piece of ham or turkey (I have them sliced at the deli counter, so they are bigger than packaged stuff) and spread with a thin layer of cream cheese, lay down a pickle sliver and a cheese stick cut in half longwise, then roll the whole thing up like a wrap. Cut in half or serve whole. My whole family LOVES these.

Someone from here gave this idea for a sweet snack, but I wouldn't call it nutritious, but it's a good fall back when he has a sweet tooth: a spoonful of frozen/lite cool whip with some diet root beer poured over it. Someone recently also mentioned a recipe with cool whip and peanut butter I'd like to try.

5. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

How about a slice of ham/turkey/roast beef spread with cream cheese then rolled up. Add a sliver of pickle for some crunch.

6. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

pepperoni

Nuke them in the mocrowave for about 65 seconds and they make delicous chips!!!! (once they cool of course)

7. MommaRetta

MommaRetta Approved members

Stephen has discovered pickled okra! I'm not a big fan of it myself but he chows on them. He'll have a big ole salad and some pickled okra for a snack.
    Here are some other things he likes:
    sugar free jello with coolwhip
    pickle spear
    beef jerky
    cheese sticks
    pork rinds
    nuts
    boiled eggs, I can't keep boiled eggs around. He likes them in his lunches and for snacks and in his salads...