- advertisement -

Family dinner time update

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by anna-bananna, Jan 21, 2013.

1. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Just wanted to apologize for not coming back to my original post as I had planned. We had internet and computer issues! Anyway, thank you for all of the wonderful replies and suggestions (and moral support!!). I am now trying to do the diabetes stuff earlier in the dinner-prep routine and also, I just wait now to call the adults to the table until I and the kids are completely ready to eat. It has helped to take the stress off; and with the stress off, I was finally able to have really good (non-heated!) conversations with my mom and husband (separately) about it. So, it has gotten much better!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed. I don't know what I would do without the support of this forum. It is SOOOO nice to have other people who "get it."

--Hope everyone is having a terrific day. :)

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Thanks for the update. Sounds like things are going in a more positive direction. I hope her Father and Grandmother treat her with a little more compassion from now on.