- advertisement -

Failed Beginning Algebra

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by diamondback688, Dec 9, 2008.

1. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Well, I just got back from taking my final exam for Beginning Algebra.

My professor said that we could wait around after we were done for her to run them through the scantron machine if we wanted to know what our grade was.

We had to get a 60% in order to pass the final and pass the class. I got a 57%.:eek:

So, I'm pissed:(. All that work down the drain. Now I have to take this class all over again.

2. diamondback688

Thanks Heather. I have my English Comp final on Thursday, so we'll see how it goes. It's just a grammar exam. Like, fix the punctuation, correct this, correct that, etc. I've always been pretty good at it.

The only thing I'm worried about it the in-class essay that is worth 14% of my final grade. I still don't know what I got on it because the second professor wasn't done grading them yet. I guess I find out on Thursday.

3. diamondback688

I didn't finish in time on that in-class essay either. You had 60 minutes and I was just about to write my conclusion paragraph when time was called.

Did you have two different topics? You had to choose one, and write the essay. One topic was a personal topic, and one was a global topic?

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awww Ryan I'm so sorry you failed!! I hate math :mad:;). I hope you do well on your English test.

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I'm really sorry to hear that Ryan. I too hate math (it's my worst subject).
    That really stinks. It's things like this that make me wanna kick something:eek: even if for someone else.

6. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

oh man, that stinks Ryan! i don't really like math either, there's a bit of it that i don't mind, but for the most part.........:eek::mad:

7. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

Dude I had a straight C in algerbra the entire year last year, finally raised it to a B-. Algerbra's hard.

8. diamondback688

I had a 72% average going into the final. All I had to do was get above a 60% on the final to pass the class.

9. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

Well, then you passed, right?

10. diamondback688

No. I had to have a 70% average to be able to even take the final exam. To pass the final and the class, you had to score a 60% or above. I got a 57%.