- advertisement -

facebook question

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by frizzyrazzy, May 24, 2010.

1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

there's a user on facebook who is friending all cwd people - sara [last name removed]. She has told one mom that she wasn't a member of CWD but has not told anyone of her connection to diabetes (other than she's got jdrf sneakers in her avatar and has friended everyone under the sun)

Does anyone know who in the blazes she is?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  2. Lee

Lee Approved members

I would also like to add on to that request - if you send Friend Requests - please include a message of who you are on CWD!

I have lots of you as friends, which I love; but I have also added some people by mistake who are not from here, but they are looking for Farmville neighbors or something bogus like that.

So names would really help me!

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I friended her cause Scott and Beth did. I know, if they jumped off a bridge I wouldnt be following them:eek: When I saw that I thought that maybe she had been going in the type 1 chat and had gotten to know some people from there.

4. frizzyrazzy

no one seems to know her LOL. Everyone I have asked has said "oh I friended her because so and so did'.

surefire way to let a lurker into your lives, IMO.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I denied her today. I don't friend people who I don't know. I'm sorry if I've ever hurt anyone's feelings doing that, but it's just my policy.

6. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

hmmm she's on my friends list cause 22 other cwd parents are too, I am a sheep!

7. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

Maybe the bigger lesson here is to be careful where you post your personal information. Anyone can bring up this site and "friend" at least 100 of the parents here.

8. frizzyrazzy

9. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Frizzy, I believe its her daughter [name removed] who has Type 1. She got me On IM one evening. I accepted her since I saw the majority of FB accepted her. She has some other friends on her list that aren't friends in common of other people who share Diabetes. Looking through her profile, I want to say its her daughter who is a Type 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  10. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

I purged my list of a few people I don't recognize. Usually I only accept people I've talked with personally, or recognize, but I've gotten a bit lazy. If I lost you, please re-add.

11. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

me too......

12. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Baaaaaaa Add me to those who accepted b/c she was friends of friends and had the pink shoe......:eek:

13. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I'm not sure I get having all one's CWD contacts as friends on FB. I "friended" a few CDW folks when I was just getting up to speed on FB, but I guess I like to keep my "world" separate. :eek: So if you approached me from CWD on FB and I didn't reply, it's not personal ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  14. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Me too! Baaaaaaaaaa!

15. susan

susan Approved members

Add me to the list..But I am about to do some cleaning on FB..

16. frizzyrazzy

I just want to make it clear that I'm not accusing this person of anything. I just find it funny that no one seems to know anything about her, and someone else asked me, and now I'm asking. :)

17. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Baaa Baaa Baaa :rolleyes:

18. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Haven't seen that one yet.
    I don't friend anyone unless I know who they are, or they put their user name from CWD.

19. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I'm sure she's very nice but you are right, we don't know her. Not that I really "know" anyone on here but.....

20. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I contacted one of her friends and she says she too befriended her because there were other CWD parents on her list. She has now sent SG a message asking about her child with D. We'll see what happens.