- advertisement -

Express scripts and Insulin

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

How is the insulin packaged when ordered in a 3 month supply from express scripts? I have always gotten insulin at a local pharmacy but it is getting a bit frustrating that they will only give me one vial of insulin at once due to supply issues so I have to go back a bunch of times. I'm just concerned about the insulin getting hot and/or freezing. Do they ship it overnight? I love the idea of ordering once and just having it come right to the door.

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Different mail order company, but ours comes in a THICK styrofoam cube with ice packs, overnight. The styrofoam is thick enough that I use it to transport cold stuff on the 4 hour trip back to school.

3. Mimikins

Mimikins Approved members

This is the same way Express Scripts ships theirs. I used it since diagnosis up until the end of last year (insurance is covering a different mail order pharmacy), and I have always received it in a Styrofoam container with ice packs. I haven't had any issues with obvious insulin spoilage or freezing upon receiving the insulin.