- advertisement -

Express scripts and dexcom

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Does anyone get dexcom sensors through express scripts? I searched and saw that they have the G4 transmitters but nothing else was showing up as available.

ETA: Awesome, I called them. We can get a 90 day supply for 1 prescription copay. This will save about $500 a year :)
    AND they were even nice and helpful on the phone which is always a shocker.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Thank you for posting this!!! Time to ask for a new prescription.:eek:

3. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

Wow, I'll need to look into that. If it work for us, it would go from $3000/year to $600/year (DME deductible vs prescription copay). Please let it work for us!!!!!

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Does Express Scripts notify when items are mailed? With Medco, I never knew when things would arrive. I'd really rather not have 3 months worth of sensors left out in the sun or rain or snow.... I've appreciated how quickly orders arrive from Dexcom and that I know when to expect them.

5. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Do you have an account on the express scripts website? Click on "Order Status" on the left hand side, it is the second item down under "Prescriptions and benefits," to see the order. Each prescription has an invoice number and click on that to track it.

6. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I just read the transcript of Dexcom's August 7th earnings call and this was one of the things that they were excited about - it's the first prescription company they are working with and it seems like it JUST happened, so good for you for finding it and being able to take advantage so quickly!

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Thats not true. I have been getting 2boxes of 4 sensors for $15.00 from Foundation Care thru our RX since the beginning of the years, OMNIpod too.

BTW Foundation care is a wonderful company, They did not carry OMNPOD or the 6mm syinges but ordered them from another supplier until they got them in their stock as a regular item. They have some very old fashioned ways of doing business that I miss with all this internet ordering.

8. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I went back and re-read it. You're right. They didn't say first. They said they were the only one with Express Scripts.

"First, we have been awarded a position on Express Scripts National Preferred Prescription Drug Formulary. DexCom is the only CGM on this formulary. The contract will allow us to offer DexCom CGM as a pharmacy benefit to all ESI plans. Over 40% of prescriptions filled in the United States are processed through Express Scripts and payors who process through Express Scripts will now have the opportunity to treat DexCom CGM as a pharmacy benefit enabling them to better track utilization outcomes and costs. While we don't expect an immediate impact to our business, overtime this relationship has the potential to increase accessibility of CGM to more patients in the diabetes community, and create a much more efficient distribution model for DexCom."