- advertisement -

Expired omnipods

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Barry, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Barry

Barry Approved members

I'd be interested in anyones experience using the larger pods that have expired. I am assuming the battery is the only thing that goes bad and I'm sure many 1st generation pods are going to be out there for a while as the transition takes place. I have some that are expired as some that don't expire until 2015. Was going to use the old ones first (6 months post expiration) but wanted to put it out to you guys first.Whats,the longest expiresd pod you've used and what are any issues you had with then, if any? (Note, if there's a thread in the archives, I apologize, someone point me to it.
    Thanks Barry

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

I wouldn't assume the batteries are the first issue with expiry. I have used batteries from used pods and believe there's a LOT of power left. I would assume that sterility was the primary issue.

3. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

If they're still sealed how would they become unsterilized? Just wondering.

I'd use them and just test a lot.

4. swellman

swellman Approved members

As far as I know, all sterile products have an expiry - syringes for example. They don't mechanically expire - it's a sterility issue.

Besides, they're sealed with paper.