- advertisement -

expired dexcom sensors, what to do with??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nanhsot, Oct 9, 2012.

1. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

If anyone has any need for some expired Dexcom 7+ sensors, please message me. They expired in July of 2012 and my son can't find his transmittor; at this point we're just going to wait until he gets a new one to worry with it.

Please send me a PM if you know of a home for them. Again, they are EXPIRED, so not sure if they are worth anything to anyone or not, maybe an art project?? :p

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

It has been my experience that if much over a month over, and this was confirmed by CS, they are really questionable.

3. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

Dexcom told me the enzyme on the sensor deteriorates so at this point I'd say chuck 'em.

4. peruvianpasohi

peruvianpasohi Approved members

I'd love to have them. PM me Thanks.

5. CWD Moderator

CWD Moderator Moderator

For safety reasons, CWD does not recommend use of diabetes care products beyond their expiration date. Please follow the manufacturer's instructions and the advice of your health care team about using DexCom sensors beyond the expiration date.

6. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

Jesse and many others here have used expired sensors with no problem...