- advertisement -

Experience using OneTouch interface Cable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gardencream, Jul 12, 2006.

1. gardencream

gardencream Approved members

Has anyone had experience using the interface cable and software to download test results from the meter to the PC? Are the results easy to read and the software easy to use? Would you recommend it? It costs $39.99 for the cable. My daughter is getting tired of writting down the results

2. gromer

gromer Approved members

If y'all are writing down results everytime, I'm sure it is getting old. We have the cable and software but haven't used it much. We should though because it could help manage blood sugars a whole lot. I'd get it.

3. fulljef

fulljef Approved members

YES GET It

We've used one cable since my son's diagnoses in 2001 we use the UltraSmart and he has the Animas insulin pump so we load it into the insulin pump's program (Ezmanager) and we've got BS readings as well as Insulin and Carbs when he places them in the meter and it makes it a who lot easier to see trends and make adjustments... Our endo doesn't even down load the meter when we go to they just use the Animas reports! It's well worth it!!!

4. bethdou

bethdou Approved members

cable/software

Hi there,
    We did get the cable and software and have only downloaded info once; my DH set up an Excel spreadsheet we got used to typing everything into before we got it. Our endo's office had the cable and disc we needed; before you buy it, can you call and ask if they have samples? Free is always better in my book! :D

(I am trying to get the info all put into the ultrasmart so we don't have to keep typing it all in, but so far i'm the only one who ever enters any info with the bg checks....)

5. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I purchased the cable -- for $10 in 2001 -- and use it all the time. (I had to get another cable to connect to my serial port, but maybe the cable has changed.) My son is on shots, so everything is entered into his UltraSmart meter -- food, exercise, insulin, as well as recording the BGs. All this information is downloaded.

I find many of the reports very helpful. I don't like the fact that multiple readings in one time period are averaged or that it uses odd codes for Lantus and Humalog insulins.

The pie charts and histogram chart are very helpful for my 12 year old son to see.

6. pookas

pookas Approved members

I use that. I do keep trck by pen of all meals and insulin and download the meter every few days. Then I input the carbs and insulin given at each check. Last appt. w/ endo, they didn't even look at my meter because I printed out the logbook w/ carbs and insulin from my computer. It also helps me to see trends in highs or lows easily.

Linda-[NEPA]-Mom to:
    Hunter, 5 yrs, dx'd 11/14/05 type I
    Colby, 7 yrs, migraines