- advertisement -

Excited about my new GlucoMON!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cadesmom, Nov 9, 2009.

1. cadesmom

cadesmom Approved members

If your like me and want to know what your kids bg is while their at school you should check out a GlucoMON www.mygluco.com

I've been using this product for about 3 years and it just got smaller and faster, it now uses a one touch ultra 2 and mini meter, While my son is at school he checks his bg plugs his meter into this wireless box and 10 seconds later I get a text on my phone so this way I know he is safe.
    It's so easy to use he's been doing this sence Kindergarten, It also sends me a colored log sheet everyday highlighting his out of range numbers, I'm able to forward to his Endo or look for trends myself.

It is so cool, several of my friends are using it and I think you should too!

2. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

That sounds awesome. How big is the box it uses? Does he carry it around with him or does it stay at school?

3. cadesmom

cadesmom Approved members

Its about a 4 or 5 inch square, he checks his bg in class so we leave it plugged in there, It also sends his bg reading to my computer or anywhere eles I want it to go, Last year I had him bring it home on the weekends so my girls could use it when they kept him, but I really don't really go anywhere so he leaves it at school. :)

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I heard about this when it first came out.. sounds like a great product for school.. I'll have to check into it more.. do you mind if I ask how much it cost? any service fees?

5. Toni

Toni Banned

That is so cool. I wish the box or product was small and somehow attached to the meter itself so he does not have to plug it in. Or that the meters themselves could "send" this info to cellphones or email. Always asking for too much, I know..... For older kids they can text via cellphone.

6. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I really hope they figure out how to design a meter or CGMS that will send a text or email automatically. That would be so awesome! And the parent could send a text/email back to the meter with any instructions. Something like a meter built into a cell phone.

7. Danda

Danda Approved members

You got your wish in 2007, Brenda.This is the FDA approved first Glucophone https://my.glucophone.com/

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009