- advertisement -

excellent Medtronic customer service

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Wendyb, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Wendyb

Wendyb Approved members

One of my worst diabetes nightmares happened the other night. It was 10:45pm and I went in to calibrate my son while he slept. He needed a correction bolus and when I tried putting it in the pump, the screen kept getting stuck. I tried pressing every button on the pump and nothing. I took out the battery and put in a new one. When I did this I received my first error message "Button Error." Worried that the end of the pump was near, I immediately called Medtronic. Within 5 minutes of hearing the story he had our replacement pump ordered. Because it was earlier in CA we made the shipping deadline even though at this time it was about 11pm eastern. My husband and I had to whip out the lantus and do some brain taxing calulations to get his novolog correction dose right. I gave him the shots while he slept and he never knew the difference. The next morning he was in range and ate eggs to avoid the breakfast shot. His pump arrived at 10 am and we were good to go. We used it unteathered until about 11pm when his lantus dose wore off. Geeesh.

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Minimed has excellent customer service.. every once in a while you can get someone who either doesn't know much or doesn't want to be helpful, but for the most part, they are all extremely helpful. As long as you get a call into MM by 10pm CA time they can get a replacement pump to you by the next day before noon. The only day they can't do this is sundays, and thats not their fault.. thats the shipping company's rule..

Never had a button error.. thats kind of scary because you can get into even see what the settings are.. glad everything worked out for you!! :)

3. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Oh yes... the dreaded "button error". We've had similarly wonderful responsiveness from MM - twice now we've called at about 9 p.m. and had a new pump in our hands by 10 a.m. the next day. And thank goodness for CareLink, which (assuming we've downloaded recently :rolleyes:) we can just log into and see what our most recent settings were, so programming a new pump is a snap.

Glad it worked out okay!

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I wanted to tell you what we did years ago when I Minimed buttons quit working. THe basal was still working but I could not bolus. While we were waiting on the pump replacement to get here I was able to use the Minimed remote to give boluses in the increments available.

Glad everything worked out okay!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  5. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

We had the same great customer service with Medtronic.:D