- advertisement -

Ever Have A Pharmacist Talk Shmack About You To A Co-worker Within Earshot of You?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MamaBear, May 11, 2012.

1. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

As of today, I have. It's a bit of a long story but I'll try to make it short. I put in last week via the internet to renew several scrips. There was an issue with the strips. Seems some folks could not fathom that my son would need as many strips as our endo prescribes, even had the gall to tell our endo's office he should only have his scrip written for testing 8-10 X per day instead of how it's written. Not the pharmacists place now is it. Anyhow endo's office straightened it all out. I went to pick it all up. 6 scrips total with insulin and the rest. Only it wasn't ready and I had to wait and explain for the four billionth time how many strips we get and which kind. So the one pharmacist is talking to the other to ok my strips and I hear her say "oh that patient. She's a pain in the a**." He looked up and smiled at me as soon as she said it to him, and they kept talking for a bit. So he comes over eager to get me out the door with the strips and says "here you are all ready to go" and frowns when I say "no, there are supposed to be 4 more prescriptions" He apologizes half heartedly and I say "I can be a real pain in the a**" and I smiled, letting him know I heard them talking. He looked stunned and since I have no poker face I'm sure I looked P.Oed. I complained to the manager but I am still fuming about it. They are welcome to think whatever they like about me for wanting my son to be cared for properly, fine. But they should at least have enough sense to wait for their off time in the lunch room to discuss the customers they hate out loud. :mad: So once again switching pharmacies.

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Wow, good for you for letting him know you heard him and for reporting him. I would definitely switch and let them know they lost your considerable business. In this economy I can't fathom them complaining about paying customers. We get all our meds and supplies mail order. What a jerk!:mad:

3. MamaBear

I think all of the employees in that pharmacy had really crappy attitudes. While those 2 were off talking about me, the guy who was working the drive up window was pissing and moaning to himself about the people at the window. The manager of the place is an older gentleman and he is always always very friendly and you can tell it's genuine. When I told him about it he apologized and I could tell by the look on his face he was upset by what I had told him. I'm still mad about the whole thing. The mix ups were bad enough and when I headed down there I was already considering switching pharmacies, but the little comments were just the straw that broke the camel's back.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

That pharmacy has something to learn about customer service.

5. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

I had one tell me we were testing too much - he pointed at his fingers, started shaking his head and tutted at me saying "too much testing"!!! I have a wonderful family orientated pharmacist now who doesn't presume to know more about diabetes than me. Definitely time to find a new pharmacy!

6. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

I had one ask if I really tested him that much. I said yes. He then asked if Charlie ran screaming from me when I needed to test him.

7. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Its not the pharmacist damn business to tell a customor one iota about their prescription.. they are paid to fill orders, not to give advise!

8. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Ai yi yi; so sorry that happened to you - how terrible of them!

I would stay with the same pharmacy and make their lives a living h#ll everytime you go in and make them cringe whenever they see you coming :eek:

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yep, time to change pharm. I once had a pharmacist that said to me," wow your kids must hate you testing that much."

10. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

If any of them even knew how difficult it is to control blood sugars in a kid with type one diabetes they would not even begin to question why we need that many strips. Ps we get ours Mail order with no copay the DME supplier pays our copays for us, we used to pay a copay at the pharmacy. I would check into getting them from a DME supplier you might be surprised with how much it saves you. We only get insulin from the pharmacy these days, and I get it from the pharmacy my MIL works for so you know she's gonna make sure her grandson has what he needs.:D

11. caspi

caspi Approved members

I once had a pharmacist throw a box of pen needles onto the counter at me. :eek: We had been having issues with this idiot for awhile and the man was NEVER wrong. :rolleyes: When I checked our supplies when I got home from the pharmacy, I noticed the box of pen needles was crushed and it looked like there had been a prescription label previously on it that they pulled off. The seal was broken on the box. I immediately returned it and the pharmacist said I must have done that. :confused: I demanded a new box so he got one and literally threw it at the counter towards me.

I called CVS's regional pharmacy manager and told him what had happened and asked that he review the security footage. I don't know what ever became of it because the idiot is still working at that CVS.

Needless to say, we don't shop at CVS anymore.

12. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

Don't know what it is with pharmacies and rude workers.
    One night I went to open a new vile of NovoLog and realized it was not the NovoLog we use - it was some other form (can't remember maybe 20/80 or something like that).
    I brought it back to the Rite Aid where we got our insulin and the pharmacist claimed we didn't get it at her pharmacy! I told her that I only get our insulin from once place, therefore, yes, it was given to me there and someone messed up our order and gave us the wrong insulin. I reminded how dangerous that could be. She humphed, rolled her eyes and went back and got me a new vile and pretty much threw it at me!

13. sweetpea

sweetpea Approved members

When my dd was released from the hosptial after her dx I went to the pharmancy to get her prescriptions. We had just moved so had not yet established a pharmacy in the new city. That idiot pharmacist tried to give me a cheap lancing device and generic lancets. He took the lancing device out of our meter box and put another one in while I was watching. When I refused to take it he made a comment about me then said I should be glad my dd didn't have asmtha because that it so much harder to live with. I wanted to kill him. Three years later she was dx with asthma. The asthma is easier. The two dx together suck when she gets pneumonia and is put on prednisone.

14. MamaBear

This was CVS, and I won't be shopping there anymore either. The people there seemed to be so bothered by the fact that they have to help anyone. For-freakin-get it!

I'm done being mad they were calling me names, though I still cannot believe they'd do it in front of me,but whatever. I don't need them to be my friends. I am not done being mad that they actually tried to tell our endo how much my son should test. The staff member who called from the endo's office told me this. I cannot believe the balls on whoever told our endo what they thought my son should be doing!:mad: :rolleyes:

But we have his A1C in about 3 weeks. I'll be asking for a new Rx printout to take elsewhere.

15. caspi

caspi Approved members

You don't have to wait for your Endo appointment. Go to a new pharmacy and request the transfer. They take care of it for you.

16. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

If you have a Walgreen's, I've always found them to be wonderful in a pinch...like when the kids are out of town (we use our HMO pharmacy, local, normally). They keep all bio info on file, and keep our FSA # as well. *And* their pharmacists will take the time to answer a kid who comes in with a multi-symptom cold, and then show them the best OTC for the situation.

17. caspi

caspi Approved members

I LOVED Walgreens!! Unfortunately this year our insurance dropped them.

18. MamaBear

With the stuff I was (finally)able to pick up yesterday, we actually have enough of everything to get us through until the appointment. So I'm not worried about waiting. But thank you.

We were originally with Walgreens and switched to CVS because of a few problems. I'm not sure who I'll go with. But as I am looking for work right now and don't really know what kind of schedule I'll end up with, I want to find a place close to us, that is open late and on weekends. Not much around us, and I don't want to do mail order. So I guess I need that time until the appointment to figure out where to go.

19. MamaBear

You know I considered doing just that, showing them just what a $%tch I can be.;) But when it comes down to it, dealing with this stress every time we need a refill, having to call them to see why it's not ready, having to call the endo, having them call the endo, arguing with these idiots while they blame the endo, my insurance, and me for all the problems with filling the strips... yeah it just stresses me out and i don't need it.

20. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We use a local, family-owned pharmacy. They close early, close on Sunday and don't have delivery or a drive through. But it's routine prescriptions - the 15th or there abouts, every month. They are terrific, but you can't have everything. If personal care matters, then you probably can't have the hours or convenience that you want.