- advertisement -

Ethical/Legal Question: Selling Humalog vials, Mio Infusion sets, Paradigm Reservoirs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tracycramer, Jul 14, 2016.

1. tracycramer

tracycramer Approved members

Hello,

Our 10 year old daughter with Type 1 diabetes, after a long battle of resistance to using her Medtronic insulin pump (MiniMed 530G with Enlite), which she used for 2 years, switched to pen shots, 6 months ago. She is much happier now as she is in much more control of her diabetes management. We are now convinced that she will not be using her pump again, at least for some years.

We have lots of supplies (listed below) that we can’t use. If we were even middle income, we would donate them to her clinic, Specially for Children in Austin, Texas. But we are low income, and therefore would like to sell them if this ethical and legal.

Can anyone tell me if this is okay, and if so, if you have any ideas on how to sell them?

thank you, tracy

(21) Humalog vials, expiration dates in 2017 and 2018 (continuously refrigerated)
    Humalog Insulin lispro injection, USP (rDNA origin); (10 mL vial: 100 units per mL)

(64) Mios, expiration dates in 2017 and 2018
    Mio Infusion Set: mio 6mm Cannula / 23" Tubing BLUE

(78) Reservoirs, expiration dates in 2018
    Paradigm Reservoir 1.8ml

2. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

I don't believe it is legal to sell anything that requires prescription

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

You are correct. It is illegal.

4. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Not only is it illegal, it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth; there are so many essentially "no-income" PWD in this world who desperately depend on donations of insulin and D-supplies.