- advertisement -

Error reading on Aviva Accu-Chek.....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pam H, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Pam H

Pam H Approved members

I can't find anything anywhere that tells me what to do.

The meter reads E-9 when I put a strip in, when I try to read the history, when I turn it on. I changed the battery and it did the same thing. Any help on this?

2. Pam H

Pam H Approved members

I called...
    It's the battery. Why couldn't the book have told me that....

3. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

It seems there are lots of errors on the Aviva that aren't in the manual or online!

Kathy got an EEE message - I was at work at the time and she was trying to do the control test at school for a new bottle of strips. Kept getting EEE, so I checked the online manual (don't have a manual with me, it's at home) and it didn't have any EEE message online.

I told her I'd stop by with the meter I keep with me just so she could check her sugar. I then took the other one home, got the manual out that came with the meter and it had the EEE message. It suggested to remove the battery and then put it back in. It worked...but why isn't that error message in the online manual?

I'll remember E-9 now in case her batteries start going!

4. Pam H

Pam H Approved members

Vicky,
    I took the battery out and put the same one back in and it was fine. This morning, it gave me the same E-9 error. It didn't bounce back so quickly....
    My dh is off to the store for some fresh batteries.

Yes, after that 2am phone call, I started wondering... why aren't all the errors somewhere I can access? At least a real person answered the phone!:rolleyes:

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I get an EEE with a bad strip or if I put the blood on too soon; the EEE won't go away until the meter is turned off and then on again.
    I also get an EEE occasionally when the temperature's really low, although usually that gets me the thermometer.