- advertisement -

Environmental triggers research review

Discussion in 'Research' started by millyyates, Oct 23, 2012.

1. millyyates

millyyates Approved members

2. DadCares

DadCares Approved members

3. karri

karri Approved members

So this study was done by two of the most respected diabetes researches in Finland (And remember, this country has world's highest rate, by far, of the insulin-dependent Type 1 diabetes patients...)

Now, when they say "The cause of the inflammation remains
    open, but given that the intestinal microbiome appears to differ between individuals who progress to clinical T1D and nonprogressors, one may speculate that changes in the gut microflora might contribute to the inflammatory process."

Do I remember correctly, does antibiotics have affect on gut microflora?

4. DadCares

DadCares Approved members

There are various items I've heard speculated to change the gut microflora. One is the overuse of anti-bacterial soaps. The theory is that the anti-bacterial soaps kill a lot of less serious types of bacteria to which our body would have been fine in building up natural antibiodies to. I suspect (not sure) that over exposure to gluten proteins in food are a consideration. And, yes, I've heard over-exposure to antibiotics.

As best I can tell, no one area I listed is considered bad (necessarily). In fact, each is actually good and can be helpful. But, overuse can become bad and the process is more accelerated from one person to the next.