- advertisement -

Enlite sensor video

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by hawkeyegirl, Mar 4, 2011.

1. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Ellen posted a link to this in a thread in General Discussion (thanks, Ellen!), but I was afraid some interested people would miss it there. It's a video showing exactly how the new MM sensor (it has apparently been released in Australia) inserts and is taped down. I thought it was very interesting.

Link.

2. HERMSman

HERMSman Approved members

A very good showing of the Enlite system. It should NOT be there. Enlite has not been approved for the CE mark yet. No inventory has shipped to AU so no one could have purchased the sensors. SOON......

3. hawkeyegirl

Hee! Whoops! Looks like someone jumped the gun.

Question: Is there going to be a software upgrade to the Revel for the "new algorithm," or do we have to wait for the NGP?

4. HERMSman

I have asked this question. I hope to get an answer from the Enlite team soon.

5. hawkeyegirl

Thank you. Much appreciated!

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

nice. it's about as we figured with the taping.

7. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

Interesting to watch. I read at the bottom of the page that the needle is 9mm. Better! However I would have loved to see a smaller overall CGM, it takes too much skin for me, I can't understand why they can't make them smaller. Waiting for the new Dex to see if that one will be closer to my dream CGM:)

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I want one! I feel like it's sort of weird to get excited about D stuff, but still... I can't wait to try this out. Is it supposed to be more accurate as well? I don't see as much mentioned about that, but that side of thing really matters more to me.

9. hawkeyegirl

They've always said "twice as accurate", but I suspect that's with the algorithm that is coming in the NGP. I don't know how much improved accuracy there is when used with the current pumps. HERMSman (who works for Medtronic) is checking to see if there will be a software upgrade to the Revel/Veo with the new algorithm or not.

10. selketine

selketine Approved members

So will the Enlite work with current Guardian units? If you buy an Enlite would it have an updated algorithm on the Guardian to go with it?

11. hawkeyegirl

If you scroll down on the page I linked, it talks about how the Enlite will work with the Veo and the other Paradigm series pumps and Guardian. So yes to that part of your question.

I think the answer to the second half of your question is what HERMSman is checking on. Whether or not they plan to upgrade the software on the current Guardian/pumps, or whether you will have to wait for the next-gen pump for that.

HERMSman, I have another question for you if you're still reading. Where does MySentry fit into the product pipeline? Why don't they talk about it anymore? We all got our hopes up when the x23 series came out with an option to link to "other devices" and a year later, still nothing. Ooooh, and one more question. I've read that MM has ended their meter partnership with Lifescan. Any word on who the new meter partner is? (Roche would make me a particularly happy camper. ;))

12. selketine

I thought maybe since the Guardian was a stand alone unit that the ones sold after the new sensor came out might have the updated software. I suppose that is just as likely as them to put it on that as the pumps they sell after it comes out.

I have a feeling William's Navigator isn't going to last long enough for either Dex or MM to come out with something new before we have to replace it with something. I'm at least glad there are some new things coming out...

13. hawkeyegirl

Well, it's not out of the question. For a long while, the Guardian units had different (better!) software than the pumps did. Now they're slightly different, but functionally the same. (Basically just slight menu differences.)

14. selketine

I wonder if they'll have anything to show us at the FFL conference this summer? Wishful thinking!

15. 3boys1girl

3boys1girl Approved members

Thanks so much for posting. It's great to know about these things, but hard to wait for them to be made available to us. I love the look of the new inserter. It also looks like maybe it won't be necessary to use extra tape, or at least not so much. Thanks again.

16. HERMSman

I failed to note that the video shows a new adhesive patch that we have been working on. I have worn in the clinical trials and I liked it a lot. As can be seen overtape is not really necessary. Maybe overtape just for very active kids.

MySentry components were being sourced last week and this week. I am working on several shortages for a BUILD, Not FDA approved yet, but it appears to be moving forward. I would not be asked to buy components if it was dead!

17. frizzyrazzy

This is truly a sign of the end of times. It's been fun knowing you all. Off to church to pray.

18. hawkeyegirl

LOL! I remember my rep telling us that it would be out "any day." That was three years ago.

Although anymore, I think it's 50% MM delay and 50% FDA. I was very disheartened to read the other day that the Revel took something like 19 months to make it through the FDA approval process. WTH?! There's nothing new or revolutionary on the Revel! Basically smaller increments + the Guardian features. And that took 19 months?!

Oh, but the AP is going to be here in five years. :rolleyes:

19. frizzyrazzy

when Ian was dx in sept 2005 a very small few families had CGM. In Jan or Feb 2006 I went to an ADA expo and talked to a rep who assured me that integrated pumps were coming soon and that the parent monitor should be out in a few months. not to be a one-upper-but that was 5 years ago. lol

so if I see that my sentry I really will believe that it is the end of time.

20. HERMSman

I have part of the answer for the Enlite launch. The Veo was released with 6-day sensor built into the software. A user will just have to change settings in the menu. For US launch new software will be released. I do not know what will be included in the new software. 6-day wear or 6-day and new algorithms.

I also found out a big part of the accuracy improvement is in the chemistry of the sensor itself. Using the Enlite with the Revel may give you MANY of the benefits of this new sensor.