- advertisement -

Enlite restart?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by happyearthgirl, Jan 2, 2014.

1. happyearthgirl

happyearthgirl Approved members

This may have been discussed before but my search function isn't working. With the enlite sensor are you able to restart it when it says sensor end to get more life out of it. We currently do that with the old Medtronic sensor by going in and selecting new sensor and then just recalibrating. Wondering if that still works?

2. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

My understanding is that you should be able to restart it the same way.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yes. If you are using their new pump then it will run 6 days before you have to restart it. Using it with Guardian or other pump you have to restart every 3 like the Sof sensor

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Just curious - do you have to unhook the transmitter and reattach it at some point like you had to with the sof-sensors?

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I believe you would have to unhook the transmitter after 7 days to get it work just like the Sof sensors

6. happyearthgirl

I was hoping that was the case!

7. happyearthgirl

We don't unhook and reattach. When we get a sensor end alert we clear it out and then go to new sensor in the menu and hit enter. In a few minutes it asks for an update.

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I unhook and charge after the time is up, then reconnect and use it for another 6 days if it's not being very inaccurate. The biggest problem I have is if it becomes loose and I need to Tegaderm over it, getting the Tegaderm separated from the over tape without disturbing the sensor is darned near impossible. I never realized the sensors always needed to be unhooked and plugged back at day 7. I never made it that far with my Sof sensors because they got so irritated. With the Enlites I figured all the lost sensors were a battery issue.