- advertisement -

endocrinology visits

Discussion in 'Diabetes and College' started by OSUMom, Apr 24, 2008.

1. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Where do you see your endo - in your college town or in your home town?

2. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

At this time, I go to the endo in my hometown. Mostly b/c my mom still likes to go with me and I still like for her to go with me :). I just schedule apointments on days that I'm out of school or I plan to miss a monday or friday so that i'll have a long weekend and can go, afterall, I know what I'm missing the syllabus lists everything we do throughout the year.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  3. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

In my hometown...ish. The endo I usually see come up from downstate (Detroit) to Marquette (in upper Michigan). He is the only endo in the UP, so the closest one for me, even here at school. But, yes, I still see the same endo I did in high school. It has been very hard to get in, I really can't afford to miss class. Even this summer, I'll be taking classes, and getting in is going to be difficult. He only comes up here for a few days every three months.

4. ctwetten

ctwetten Approved members

I still see the endo at home, about 4 hours away from school. I either go when I'm home on break anyway or I go on a random weekend, skip class on Friday, and get my mom's cooking and free laundry with the deal. My doc's cool with talking on the phone, too, which really helps if my number are being weird. I just fax them to her and she calls me to help with adjustments.

5. KhaosFaerie

KhaosFaerie Approved members

I live in and go to school in Salt Lake City UT. My endo is here. I am changing endo's though after being told there was financial assistance at the one I was going to but found out there isn't. My new one which I see June 2nd (soonest I could get in) has not only financial assistance since I don't have insurance, but is supposedly a lot better than my other one.

Cherise

6. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I go to college close to home. However, when I went further away I did home town. It was just less confusing and they were available by phone readily.

7. KhaosFaerie

KhaosFaerie Approved members

"Available by phone"?
    I have never heard of an endocrinologist that would do anything by phone especially if you had never been to them in person.

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

He was my regular endo, I had been there many times in person. I've never heard of an endo that wouldn't do minor stuff by phone. I'm not talking major issues or instead of regular visits.

9. ehm1989

ehm1989 Approved members

I see my endo at home - I schedule all my visits during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break and summer. If I need anything immediately, they are always willing to do it over the phone.