- advertisement -

Endo refuses to test for Vit. D deficiency, WWYD?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by bisous, Nov 3, 2009.

1. heamwdevine

heamwdevine Approved members

We take Solaray Vitamin D supplements. The kids love them. They are a little white pill that dissolves under the tongue and tastes like lemon.

2. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

I would ask the ped also.

Vitamin D deficiency is also heredity. My mother, aunt and I all have to take the 50000iu perscription supplement once a week.

My son was tested by the endo and came back normal but I make sure I buy OJ fortified with D and he takes a Viactive with extra D. My daughter takes a vitamin D pill daily as suggested by our ped to help boost her immune system.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We take these type too. Gummy Vit brand.
    Watch out though! 2 chews are 4g of cho. We couldn't understand why Abby was spiking at night, weird spiking. Turns out that we didn't notice there were carbs in them and we were combining with another type of vit that was also 4 cho, so it turned out she was getting 8g uncovered!
    So, we take the multi at night, cover it with insulin and the VitD in the am and cover it at breakfast.

BTW-The girls love them.

4. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

Kaylee was tested at the endo and she was also not deficient. Her number was actually pretty high .. the endo was surprised. And we are from Maine .. we did not get a lot of sun this summer. (2 months of rain)

Crystal