- advertisement -

Endo Face-to-Face Time?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kevin@diabetech.net, Jun 12, 2008.

?

How much time do you get to spend face to face with your endo at each quarterly visit

1. Sometimes we don't get to see our endo

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. Less than 5 minutes

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. 5 to 10 minutes

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. 10 to 15 minutes

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 15 to 20 minutes

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. 20 to 25 minutes

9 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. 25 to 30 minutes

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  8. More than 30 minutes

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. kevin@diabetech.net

kevin@diabetech.net Approved members

How much time do you get to spend with your endo at each quarterly visit? If you don't get to see an endo please do not answer since poll (but feel free to comment) since this would be a different category of time with your diabetes physician.

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

We only see the endo every 6 months, but it is for 45 minutes to an hour - after the hour we spend with CDE.

We meet with the CDE for an hour every 3 months.

3. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

On average I'd say 30 minutes w/ the endo. Our appts. usually last about 2-2 1/2 hrs. and we see a nurse for weight, height, blood pressure. Then on to the CDE to talk about any problems or needs, then the nutritionist, and then the endo, to finish up we see the CDE again w/ any scripts or changes. I'm very happy with the time and attention Sean and us, the parents, receive at his visits. I cannot say I've ever felt like we were being rushed.

4. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Our old Endo we would see for about 5 minutes, what a wasted trip :mad: NOW our new Endo I LOVE! We have seen him twice and he spent well over an hour with us both times and the impression I get from other parents that go there and from the office in general is that this is normal. He talks about D stuff, school, activities, any personal problems Hailey is having, etc..... I am so so so impressed with this new office! He is truly caring and compasionate and also asks questions and tries to learn from ME. He does not have a "God complex" like the old endo and has admitted several times that we know more about the cgms than he does :eek:

For anyone not happy with their endo and considering switching, do it, I wish I would have listened to Lanae a long time ago. I was afraid that if we left the old office it would be the same or worse at the new, boy was I wrong!!!

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We spend about 20-30 minutes with the Endo, then 30+ more with the CDE. Our last practice was no endo and 30 min CDE. I really love having the Dr meet with Maddie, examine her and chat with her about her life and health. Dr. is a woman and Maddie really likes her new Dr. ;)

6. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Due to all the complex medical on Chell, we get to spend as much time with the Endo as needed to address every aspect of Chells medical. As other medical impacts the diabetes treatment and diabetes impacts other medical. Usually Chells visits are 2-3 hours long.

7. Kaileen

Kaileen Approved members

5-10 minutes, tops. I don't care much for our endo, but we can't afford to drive 200+ miles for the next nearest one. So we're stuck.

8. ADHDiabetic Mom

ADHDiabetic Mom Approved members

We see the endo every other visit. The other to visits each year, we see a nurse practitioner who is also very good.

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

We see the endo for at least an hour, this past time, it was 2 hours... we typically see the cde before or after the endo appointment, for an hour.. our appointments take all day:rolleyes:

10. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We see our endo 2x's a year and our cde 2x's a year. We automatically have a 1 hr visit. We generally cover everything in about 45 min. Never less than that.

11. CButler

CButler Approved members

Hmmm....We are just shy of a year into this, but we have seen the endo twice face to face. The first time was our initital visit to the office, and the second time we were there, she looked at her sites where we gave shots. The rest of our visits have been with the dietitian and/or nurse practitioner. They will go ask her questions while we're there sometimes. When I made mess-ups, like forgot the Lantus once, I called and she did call back soon. She called when Elizabeth was found to have hypothyroidism and explained it to me. I have always wondered what the "norm' for endo visits was.

The problem we have had is from insurance. We have Humana and the endo we saw at the children's hospital didn't accept Humana, so we had to find another one. For about a month right after her diagnosis, we had no endo. The CDE at the endo who wouldn't take our insurance said I call could call her anytime-and boy, did I! We felt betrayed and lost at first. I hope none of you have had this problem.

Cindy Butler
    daughter, Elizabeth,5, diagnosed 8/07
    Novolog/Lantus

12. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

When we see our endo, we really get as much time as we need. I have to laugh at the "at each quarterly visit" part because we see our endo once year, twice if we are lucky.

13. Tena

Tena Approved members

So far after 1 yr w/ D. We have seen our endo twice. Most of the time we see the NP whom we absolutely love! I have absolute faith in her. Our endo is Greek and very hard to understand. When we do see her, we see the NP first and then she comes in to talk about changes. The NP is who really takes the time for us. When we were there this week we spent about 45 minutes with her.