- advertisement -

Endo appt. tomorrow

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kierbabi09, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Tomorrow I will go see a new endo, an "adult" endo. (Actually I will see the nurse practioner).
    I am excited and nervous at the same time, as I have had a difficult time with college and diabetes and have not exactly taking care of myself like I should :(. I am trying to improve, and I have a great roommate and family that help me. I think what I am most nervous about is that I will "get in trouble" for not taking care of myself. I have been on a break from pumping and I am hoping that I can start using my pump again (I need supplies, hopefully they will order me new ones!)
    Anyway,I have heard good things about this endo and when I called to make an appointment and when I called back to see if they saw patients who use insulin pumps (they do), they have been nothing but nice.
    So please, please, please wish me luck :)

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Good luck!
    Hope she's nonjudgmental and smart.

3. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Good Luck! Hope you have a great experience!

4. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

Don't be concerned about getting "into trouble" Your Endo should be there to advise you and guide you but they should not act as an old-school headmaster.

It might be a good idea if you write down all the questions you might want to ask your new Endo. That way you will not forget something, only to remember the moment you walk out the door. That's what I did at my last physical and my doc was pleasantly surprised that I came prepared.

Do not be afraid in asking for all the supplies you need. If you feel your current prescription quantity is inadequate, ask for more. You might need to have an explanation ready on why you might need more but pre-planning your answer before you go would help you. The worst they can say is no. I was able to double my son's Novolog prescription just by asking for it.

Good luck.

5. wilf

wilf Approved members

Best of luck with the appointment. :)

Be ready with some ideas on how to improve the D management on a go-forward basis.. :cwds: